Educator Preparation Program
If you are a new occupational CTE teacher, one of your requirements for licensure is to enroll in an EPP to acquire necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the classroom. If you are hired by a middle or high school in the TN East Region as a fulltime teacher of record, you are invited to apply for our program.
1. Please complete this non-binding Interest Survey if you want to be considered for the upcoming school year's cohort. We will contact you with further information.
2. Once you know that you want to enroll in the KCS EPP, please complete this Application Form (in addition to the interest survey).
3. You will be invited to an interview/meeting where we go over key points of the program and complete some necessary paperwork.
4. If accepted into the EPP, you will receive a written notice about your enrollment and may choose the 'KCS EPP' as your educator provider program in TNCompass.
5. The KCS EPP will work closely with your district's administration (CTE, HR) in matters around hiring and initial licensure. Regarding payment of the program fee, the KCS EPP will directly bill your district. Each district then may have different procedures in place to charge you, so please contact your administration about that.
6. You start with us! See the calendar on the right for upcoming learning days and check your email regularly for more just-in-time information.
The following meeting dates are mandatory for all EPP candidates. We meet in person unless otherwise indicated.
Oct 19 & 20:
Monthly Meeting Cohort 1 & 2 respectively
5-7 pm at SSPDC
Nov 9 & 10:
EPP Learning Day Cohort 1 & 2 respectively
8-4 pm at SSPDC
Nov 16 & 28:
Montly Meeting Cohort 2 & 1 respectively
4-6 pm virtually
Information on Licensure
If you are new to teaching, especially coming straight out of industry and pursuing teaching as a second career, you will find the answer to many of your licensure questions as well as needed forms on this TN Department of Education website. Choose the drop-down under 'Practitioner Occupational License'.
Our EPP is partnering with several school districts in the TN East Region. Our primary partner is the Knox County Schools District. Other State-Recognized Partnership Agreements can be viewed here: