Robert M. Thomas Welcome Center
The Robert M. Thomas Welcome Center will create an affirming environment in which internationals and the Knox County community thrive and learn together, therefore mutually benefiting from sharing experiences and resources in a Welcome Center which will support families, facilitate communication, foster professional learning and support academic growth and citizenship for our students.
- Assist non/limited English-speaking families with the enrollment process of students new to Knox County Schools from across the state, across the country, across the world
- Assist non/limited English-speaking families with students currently enrolled in Knox County Schools with the enrollment process if or when a family moves into a new school zone within the Knox County Schools District
- Orientation to Knox County Schools for students and parents
- Provide language support to bridge the communication gap between non/limited English-speaking families and schools/district
- Referrals to support services include: Adult ESL, Citizenship Classes, Health Clinics and more
The languages represented by our exceptional team of Family Community Liaisons are listed below. Requests for support regarding all other languages as well as S-Team, IEP, 504 and/or disciplinary meetings will need to be directed to Student Support Services utilizing the CI-224 Form:
- Mayan (Akateco and Q'anjob'al)
- Persian (Dari/Farsi) and Turkmen
Please note that the Request for Family Community Liaison Online Form is routed directly to the assigned Family Community Liaison and the CI-224 is to be submitted to Student Support Services and they will facilitate the request.
Staff Forms***Please note that requests routed via the CI-224 online form are directed to and fulfilled by Student Support Services***
Welcome Center Staff
Family Community Liaisons