In-School Advertising Information
Thank you for your interest in partnering with Knox County Schools and making community services available to our students. Use the form below to apply for permission to distribute information regarding your available events and programs.
In-School Advertising Requirements
Per policy (Policy C-180) a disclaimer must be placed on each flyer that states (verbatim): "The Knox County Board of Education and Knox County Schools do not sponsor or endorse this advertisement or solicitation."Please note and/or review the following before submitting your application for approval:
If your organization meets the criteria outlined above, fillout the form linked below at least two weeks prior to the event/activity.If this is a first-time request from your non-profit organization, a letter from the IRS verifying that status will be required.
- Criteria for distributing promotional materials are outlined in Board of Education Policy Policy C-180 - Advertising and Solicitation in Schools.
- For paid advertising please refer to Board of Education Policy C-180 above.
- On occasion, official school business partners are allowed to advertise via sponsorship of an event or fundraiser that directly benefits the school(s)
- Classroom instruction cannot be disrupted or interrupted, including disruption to school traffic patterns during drop-off and pick-ups both before and after school
- Principals have discretion regarding promotion on their campus and are not required to participate in the program or activity
- All approved promotional materials (flyers, posters, brochures, etc) must include the follow disclaimer (verbatim): "The Knox County Board of Education and Knox County Schools do not sponsor or endorse this advertisement or solicitation."
- Fundraising requests are different and are covered in Board of Education Policy Policy J-440 - Fundraising Activities
QuestionsJeannie Dulaney, Community Liaison865-594-1909