About Occupational & Physical Therapy
Our MissionThe Occupational and Physical Therapy Department of Knox County Schools, as a related service, provides students identified with special needs, professional individualized educationally-based evaluations and interventions. Through education, collaboration and communication with all team members, we strive to:
- Foster the student’s functional independence
- Respectfully acknowledge and validate each student’s unique strengths, needs and desires; and
- Practice professional excellence in a dynamic environment.
As part of the educational team, our goal is to contribute to the student’s positive transition into adult life.
Our BeliefsThe Occupational and Physcial Therapy Department, as a related service, believes our role is to:
- Foster the student’s potential for functional independence and learning so they may successfully transition into adulthood
- Provide students identified with special needs with educationally based therapeutic interventions
- Respectfully acknowledge and validate that each student has unique strengths, needs and desires
- Educate, collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders (parents, students, teachers, administrators, support staff, community, etc.) regarding the student’s unique needs from an Occupational and Physical Therapy perspective
- Maintain professional excellence in an ever-changing dynamic environment
Occupational and Physical Therapy Contact
Barbara WrushenSpecial Education SupervisorAndrew Johnson Building8th Floor(865) 594-1520 Office
Regina JenkinsPTOccupational and Physical Therapy Facilitator2036 Bethel Ave(865) 594-4449 OfficeAdministrative Assistant2036 Bethel Ave(865) 594-4449 Office