The 2022-2023 summer transfer window opens May 2, 2022 at 8am. Applications for general transfers and magnet transfers will be accepted for students meeting at least one of the necessary criteria for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Students new to the Knox County Schools, including kindergarten students
- Students who have had a change in family circumstances such as custody or guardianship since February 22, 2022
- Students with a change of address since February 22, 2022
- Students seeking a transfer to a magnet program where space is available
The Summer Transfer Window will close at 4pm on July 1, 2022.
Those wishing to apply for student transfer may do so during the Summer Transfer Window in the following ways:
- By applying online here
- By downloading and printing a pdf transfer application by clicking here which you can then submit to the Enrollment Department after completion
- In person by completing and submitting a transfer request form at the Enrollment Department in the Andrew Johnson Building at 912 S Gay Street.
Casey Robison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (865) 594-1114
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is a Magnet School?
A. Magnet Schools can be defined as schools that provide unique learning opportunities in a specific area or theme not offered at other Knox County Schools.
Q. Do I have to pay to send my child to a School of Choice?
A. No. Magnet Schools are part of the Knox County School System, there is no tuition cost to the student.
Q. What commitment do parents have to make for their children to attend a Magnet School?
A. There is overwhelming evidence that parental involvement has a direct connection to a student's success. Upon acceptance, parents are asked to make a commitment to their children's academics, attendance, and behavior.
Q. Who may apply?
A. All out-of-zone students interested in any of the unique programming at a Magnet School may apply during the Application and Transfer Period. In-zone students automatically receive a seat in the Magnet School in which they are zoned.