• When enrolling a student, parents or guardians should present the following information or  documentation:

    1.Proof of Birth – Proof of birth may take many forms. Example include but are not limited to the following:

    1. Birth Certificate – issued by any government
    2. Passport issued by any nation (translated)
    3.  Immigration documentation
    4. Decree of adoption or other records issued by a court

    The form proof of birth takes is an areas of parental discretion, and school will accept appropriate documentation as offered.  No one form of documentation is required or preferred over another.

    2. Immunization Records - these must be on a Tennessee Form (contact Knox County Health Department if records are from another state)

    3. Recent Physical Examination

    4. Proof of Residence - the Knox County Schools requires one of the following: a) Utility Bill, b) Lease agreement.  c) in cases where the utilities and/or lease agreement is in the name of a person other than the parent/guardian, the person listed must provide the utility bill and/or lease agreement and also must provide a notarized letter stating that the parent/guardian and children are living at that address.  

    5. Proof of Custody (if applicable)

    6. Name and Address of the child's previous school

    Any questions should be addressed to the attendance and enrollment office for support.

Difference in "TRANSFER" & "ENROLLMENT"

    An approved student transfer is needed to attend any school other than the school for which the student is zoned. School zones can be found at


    Students new to Knox County Schools may seek "ENROLLMENT" at their zoned school. School zones can be found at

    NOTE: Students moving into Knox County during summer months do not need to"transfer" to attend their ZONED Knox County School. Student enrollment (in most cases) is completed at the individual schools.

    If you have any questions regarding transfers or enrollment please contact the Enrollment Office at 594-1502.

    For the 2014-15 School year, students must be five years old by August 15, 2014 to enroll in Kindergarten.

Attendance Policies

Transfers Contacts