MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
- I am proud to say our Culinary program is nearing completion. This program has been a great addition to our curriculum here at KHS. Our students are already developing menus and producing restaurant quality food while gaining hands on experience in the restaurant field. I cannot say enough about Mr. Neblett and his dedication to this program and the students during this process. He truly has a servant's heart and wants to see this program grow to phenomenal heights producing students who can enter the workforce or leave with valuable credit and experience toward pursuing a career in the culinary field.
- I also want to take time to recognize our Air Force Junior ROTC program for achieving Distinguished Program status on a national level. I cannot say enough about the hard work of Col. Odonnell and Sargeant Dubrule for all they do to serve our students.
- Parents: Please click here to access the EOC testing schedule.
- SATURDAY SCHOOL Students, if you need help in any of your classes or need to make up assignments, tests or quizzes please let your teachers know. They can leave all the materials you will need in the Saturday Opportunity School crate in the mailroom. The three remaining Saturday Opportunity Schools for the fall semester: November 11, December 9 and December 16. If you have any questions, please see Christine DiMauro, Joann LaPointe, or Al Feldblum. Don’t wait until the end of the semester to get help if you need it.
- All early dismissal notes need to be submitted into Student Affairs by 8:30. Also, you need to report to Student Affairs, when you return to the building. Student Affairs is also the place to go for bus notes, parking passes and 1010 Driving Permit forms.
- Hats/hoodies are not to be worn in the building. This is a violation of dress code. If caught, you will be dealt with accordingly. There have been multiple reminders and warnings.
- If you have "Karns Way" tickets, they are to be turned in to Student Affairs. If you want to be entered into the weekly drawings, you need to make sure they get there and not to the front office. Thank you for being respectful, responsible and receptive to exemplify The Karns Way!
- All seniors who are members of Y-12 FCU including the Beaver Bucks Credit Union are eligible to apply for their Bill T. Hicks Scholarship. Mr. Hicks sponsors eight $1000 college scholarships. Come by your student run branch in the Commons area and fill out a membership application! It’s free and the FCU actually pays you to have it!! Scholarship applications are available in the Guidance office.
- FNSL stands for Fresh New Student Life. It is a club that anyone can be a part of! We will meet on Monday mornings at 8 a.m. in Room 119. We will devote our time to one another, discuss God’s word and uplift Karns High School in all the ways we can. This will be a club where you can begin each week with a fresh new life.
- All students are invited to show their artistic talents by entering the PTA Reflections Contest. You can win cash prizes by entering and placing in the top three of any seven categories, including Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts and Special Artist. To pick up entry forms and get a link to the complete rules go the Guidance office. The deadline for entries will be mid-November. Start creating something inspired by this year’s theme which is “Within Reach.”
- Seniors! Senior Recognition Ads are now on sale. If you need information, pick up a brochure in the main office.
- Pilot Flying J Academic Support Center: Math Tutoring -- Monday - Thursday 7:45-8:30, Mr. Feldblum (Room 121), Tuesday - Friday 7:45-8:30, Mrs. LaPointe (Room 142), Monday & Wednesday 3:30-4:30, Mrs. Brown (Room 210); Science Tutoring -- Tuesday & Thursday 3:30-4:30, Mr. Seymore (Room 202) -- English Tutoring: Monday & Wednesday 3:45-4:45, Ms. Langley October 23, 25, 30 & November 1, 6, 8, 13, 15 Monday - Thursday 3:45-4:45, December 4-7, 11-14 (Room 131) -- Edgenuity Monday 3:30-4:30 & Tuesday - Thursday 7:30-8:00, Coach Cathey (Room 160)