Our MissionThe mission of the Knox County School Counseling Program is to provide every student with a comprehensive school counseling program centered around an engaging curriculum that encourages growth in academic, career and personal/social domains.
Our VisionKnox County students are high-achieving learners who are well prepared to meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century. All students have the opportunity to participate in rigorous curriculum and high-quality opportunities for self-directed personal growth supported by a comprehensive school counseling program that facilitates strategic partnerships between the school, family and community.Knox County Schools School Counselors Believe
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- Data must be analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development of the comprehensive counseling program promoting student achievement.
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and career success.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
Counselor Support Team
K-8 School Counselor Support TeamHeather WillisStudent Support Services SupervisorAndrew Johnson Building, 8th Floor(865) 594-1965 Office(865) 594-1104 FaxRebecca SudduthK-8 Counselor FacilitatorAndrew Johnson Building, 8th Floor(865) 594-1965 Office(865) 594-1104 Faxrebecca.firstname.lastname@example.orgBecky HensonK-8 Administrative AssistantAndrew Johnson Building, 8th Floor
(865) 594-1965 Office
High School Counselor Support TeamLaurie DriverAssessment and High School Counselor SupervisorAndrew Johnson Building, 14th Floor(865) 594-1735 Office(865) 594-1609 FaxBeth BostonAssessment SpecialistAssistant to Laurie Driver, Supervisor of Assessment and HS CounselorsAndrew Johnson Building, 14th Floor(865) 594-1735 Office(865) 594-1609 Fax