Details regarding Knox County and State mandated assessments for the current school year are available under "State and District Required Assessments".
2020-2021 Assessment Calendars
Note: Based on information soon to be released from the TN Department of Education, the spring testing schedule contained in the calendars below will be adjusted to account for districts where their instructional calendars were impacted by COVID-19.
*Reference TDOE link for up-to-date Assessment Calendar information (SY2021)
A listing of Knox County and State mandated assessments for the 2020-2021 school year is located at this link.
TNReady (TCAP/EOC) Information
ACT Information / Links for SY2021
♦ ACT Test Administration Opportunities for Juniors and Seniors for SY2021
- TN Statewide ACT Assessment: In-school on March 2, 2021. This test administration will be open to all Juniors (and Seniors who have never taken the ACT).
ACT Fee Waiver Program - Students (Juniors or Seniors), regardless of previous ACT participation, who meet ACT’s guidelines for “economically disadvantaged” may request up to two fee waivers from ACT to take the test on a national test date free of charge. Students should check with the school counselors for details.
- Senior Retake Day: In-school September 22 (with make-up dates of October 6 and 20, 2020)
- This is the fall 2020 senior retake date. Due to spring 2020 school closures, this is the first time the majority of students will be taking the ACT.
- TN Statewide ACT Assessment: In-school on March 2, 2021 (with make-up date of March 30, 2021).
- Seniors who missed all prior opportunities to test at school may also take the ACT for the first time in the spring with Juniors on the in-school, state testing date.
ACT TN Testing: ACT TN Website Link
Good Information to Know (Resources)
The following documents are available for review from TDOE and provide valuable information about Student Assessment in Tennessee.
- TDOE - Student Assessment in TN link
- TNReady Score Reports explained link.
- TDOE TNReady webpage is available at this link
- Assessment Blueprints for 2020-21 show a summary of what is assessed in each grade.
- Why Test? is a one page handout that explains the high level role of assessments (download here)
- Assessment Calendar from TDOE
Department of Research, Evaluation and Assessment (REA)
The Department of Research, Evaluation, and Assessment (REA) is a multi-faceted team that serves the district. REA is comprised of the Supervisor of Research and Evaluation, the Supervisor of Assessment, a senior data analyst, a data analyst, and an accountability specialist. The department is responsible for state accountability measures, administration of all district-wide assessments, program evaluation, researching curricular data, communicating data to appropriate stakeholders across the district, and providing its analytical expertise to assist school leaders in making student-centered, data-driven decisions. In addition to these responsibilities, the REA team also serves as the gateway for external organizations requesting access to data from the Knox County Schools to include in third-party research.