Pre-Registration is currently closed. Those wishing to attend can register at the event on March 26th.
In-Person Recruitment Fair March 26 - 9 a.m. to noon
The In-Person Fair will be held at Central High School on Saturday, March 26, 2022. Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. with an optional panel discussion at 8:30 a.m. and table visits beginning at 9:00 a.m.
In-Person Recruitment Fair Information
Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. with the panel discussion beginning at 8:30 a.m. The panel will be conducted by KCS professionals. If you would like to be part of the panel discussion, please note your intention to participate when registering and make sure to add a question or two you would like to be addressed by the panel members.
Promptly at 9:00 a.m. our schools will be ready for table visits. Each of our 90+ schools will be ready to meet you, learn more about you and share a little bit about their schools. This will be a great time to meet school administrators face-to-face and find out more about the great schools in Knox County.
In addition to teachers, the district is recruiting outstanding candidates in food service and custodial. Additional positions that KCS is looking to hire for are listed below. For the first time, all KCS schools are authorized to make contingency offers to candidates on the day of the fair.
- Hard-to-staff positions – KCS is offering a $7,000 incentive for new special education teachers and a $5,000 bonus for new speech language therapists, school psychologists, hearing specialists, vision specialists and audiologists. New teachers in certain hard-to-staff specialties of math and science are also eligible for a signing bonus.
- Tutors – KCS is hiring paid tutors for grades K-5 reading and grades 6-8 math, up to Algebra 1. Full-time ($125/day, plus benefits) and part-time ($16 per hour) tutor positions are available. Tutors will be KCS employees who work in school buildings with small groups of students (4 or fewer). Positions are available in Spring 2022, and in the 2022-23 school year.
- College and Career Mentors – KCS is hiring College and Career Mentors who will coordinate the college/career readiness program and support the work of KCS school counselors. Mentors will be KCS employees who will be placed in KCS middle and high schools. Positions are available in the 2022-23 and 2023-24 school year.
- School Security Officers – KCS is hiring more than two dozen School Security Officers (SSOs). The Security Division is seeking a diverse group of professionals who are interested in a rewarding career of service to Knox County children. SSOs are bonded special deputies with the Knox County Sheriff's Office and undergo an 8-week training academy.
- Permanent Substitutes – KCS is hiring 90 substitutes who will be placed at each Knox County school. Permanent subs will be KCS employees who will be paid $128 per day, plus benefits. Positions are available in the 2022-23 and 2023-24 school year.