Vision Insurance Eligibility
Employees must complete an enrollment form to enroll in coverage. Employees must be regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours per week in a non-seasonal, non-temporary position in order to be eligible for vision insurance.
- Spouse (legally married)
- A child under the age of 26 who meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Employee's natural (biological) child
- Employee's adopted child (including a child placed for adoption in anticipation of adoption)
- A child for whom the employee is the legal guardian
- Employee's child for whom the plan has received a qualified medical child support order requiring the child to be enrolled in health insurance
- An employee or spouse's stepchild under the age of 26 for whom the employee or spouse is providing care
- Dependents over the age of 26 who are incapacitated (mentally or physically incapable of earning a living regardless of age). This provision applies only when the incapacity existed before the dependent's 26th birthday and they were already insured by a state-sponsored plan.
Dependents who are not eligible for coverage include:
- Foster children
- Dependents not listed in the above definitions
- Parent's of the employee or spouse
- Live in companions who are not legally married to the employee