The Elementary Summer Learning Camp is a free 4-week program that will begin on June 5 and will run through June 28. This camp will include 7 hours of daily, in-person programming from 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Monday-Friday, including:
- Instruction in English Language Arts and math
- Encore programming focused on science, technology, reading, engineering, arts, and math
- Reading and math intervention
In accordance with recent state legislation, some rising 4th-grade students will be required to attend camp to be promoted to 4th grade. Because of that requirement, KCS will be prioritizing available seats to rising 4th graders.
The district has identified 29 elementary schools to host summer programming. See a complete list of locations.
Students who are entering 6th grade in the fall may be eligible for a 4-week Learning Loss Bridge Program.
The Summer Learning Program will be provided at no cost to families, and will include the following:
- Bus transportation (families who choose to attend a site other than their zoned or assigned location will be required to provide their own transportation.)
- Free breakfast and lunch meals;
- Pre- and post-camp testing to measure student progress
For more information, please contact your base school.