Transfer request processing has been suspended until the “safer at home” order issued by the Knox County Health Department is no longer in effect. At the end of this period, transfer processing will be completed, and parents will be notified of the status of their transfer request.”
Transfer Window Announcement
The 2020-2021 summer transfer window opens May 1, 2020. Applications for general transfers and magnet transfers will be accepted for students meeting at least one of the necessary criteria for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Students new to the Knox County Schools, including kindergarten students
- Students who have had a change in family circumstances such as custody or guardianship since February 18, 2020
- Students with a change of address since February 18, 2020
- Students seeking a transfer to a magnet program where space is available
The Summer Transfer Window will close at 4pm on July 1, 2020.
Those wishing to apply for student transfer may do so during the Summer Transfer Window in the following ways:
- By applying online here
- By downloading and printing a pdf transfer application by clicking here which you can then submit to the Enrollment Department after completion
- In person by completing and submitting a transfer request form at the Enrollment Department in the Andrew Johnson Building at 912 S Gay Street.
Brian HartsellTransfers SupervisorAndrew Johnson Building1st Floor(865) 594-1502
Justin GrubbEnrollment AdministratorAndrew Johnson Building1st Floor(865) 594-1560
Lora LivelyAdministrative SecretaryAndrew Johnson Building1st Floor(865) 594-1506
Jessica DelawareAdministrative AssistantAndrew Johnson Building1st Floor(865) 594-1502