Details regarding Knox County and State mandated assessments for the 2018-2019 school year are available under "State and District Required Assessments".
2018-2019 Assessment Calendars
TNReady (TCAP/EOC) Information
ACT Information / Links for SY1819
♦ ACT Test Administration Opportunities for Juniors and Seniors for SY1819Juniors -
- TN Statewide ACT Assessment: In-school on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. This test administration will be open to all Juniors (and Seniors who have never taken the ACT).
ACT Fee Waiver Program - Students (Juniors or Seniors), regardless of previous ACT participation, who meet ACT’s guidelines for “economically disadvantaged” may request up to two fee waivers from ACT to take the test on a national test date free of charge. Students should check with the school counselors for details.
- Senior Retake Day: In-school on Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- The October 2 date was canceled by ACT and the dates of Tuesday, October 16, or Tuesday, October 30 were given for new administration dates. Check with your school for their specific administration date.
- TN Statewide ACT Assessment: In-school on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. (Seniors who missed all prior opportunities to test at school may also take the ACT for the first time in the spring with Juniors on an in-school, state testing date.)
ACT TN Testing: ACT TN Website Link
- ACT TN Senior Retake
- The ACT TN Spring
- ACT Toolkit – Resources for educators, students, and parents to guide planning and preparation
- A Path of Choice – A guide to building a postsecondary-going culture in your school and community
- The ACT Connections document (here) demonstrates how Tennessee Academic Standards and the ACT College and Career Readiness Standards connect throughout a student’s K–12 education.
(New Information Coming Soon) ACT Administration Guidelines for 2018-2019
(New Information Coming Soon) ACT Senior Retake Opportunity
- Fall Testing 2018 (TN Senior Retake Project)
- 2018 Senior Retake Schedule of Events -
Using Pearson Access Next for the ACT Test - Document Link
- Pearson Access Next Website LINK (log-in required)
Test Accessibility and Accommodations (TAA) Guide - Document Link
- TAA Website LINK (log-in required)
ACT Policy for Supporting English Learners - Document Link
Good Information to Know (Resources)
The following documents are available for review from TDOE and provide valuable information about Student Assessment in Tennessee.
- Nextera Public Demo - Live Link
- TDOE - Student Assessment in TN link
- TNReady Score Reports explained link.
- TDOE TNReady webpage is available at this link
- Assessment Blueprints for 2017-18. Assessment blueprints show a summary of what will be assessed in each grade, including the approximate number of items that will address each standard. link
- Social Studies Sample Item Release document
- Why Test? is a one page handout that explains the high level role of assessments (download here)
- Assessment Calendar from TDOE
- Assessment Calendar - Knox County
- Assessment Vendor -
TN Ready Parent Resources
TNReady Score Report Resource for Families
Nextera Public Demo - Live
Parents and students can access the demo (here) to see sample questions, the platform format, and experience online testing. It is not meant to be a demonstration of content, as there are a limited number of items available for math, English language arts, and science.
Department of Research, Evaluation and Assessment (REA)
The Department of Research, Evaluation, and Assessment (REA) is a multi-faceted team that serves the district. REA is comprised of the Supervisor of Research and Evaluation, the Supervisor of Assessment, a senior data analyst, a data analyst, and an accountability specialist. The department is responsible for state accountability measures, administration of all district-wide assessments, program evaluation, researching curricular data, communicating data to appropriate stakeholders across the district, and providing its analytical expertise to assist school leaders in making student-centered, data-driven decisions. In addition to these responsibilities, the REA team also serves as the gateway for external organizations requesting access to data from the Knox County Schools to include in third-party research.