Details regarding Knox County and State mandated assessments for the 2019-2020 school year are available under "State and District Required Assessments".
2019-2020 Assessment CalendarsA listing of Knox County and State mandated assessments for the 2019-2020 school year is located at this link.
TNReady (TCAP/EOC) Information
ACT Information / Links for SY1920
♦ ACT Test Administration Opportunities for Juniors and Seniors for SY1920Juniors -
- TN Statewide ACT Assessment: In-school on Tuesday, March 31, 2020. This test administration will be open to all Juniors (and Seniors who have never taken the ACT).
ACT Fee Waiver Program - Students (Juniors or Seniors), regardless of previous ACT participation, who meet ACT’s guidelines for “economically disadvantaged” may request up to two fee waivers from ACT to take the test on a national test date free of charge. Students should check with the school counselors for details.
- Senior Retake Day: In-school on Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- Participation is limited to seniors who previously took the ACT or seniors who missed the ACT during their junior year.
- TN Statewide ACT Assessment: In-school on Tuesday, March 31, 2020. (Seniors who missed all prior opportunities to test at school may also take the ACT for the first time in the spring with Juniors on an in-school, state testing date.)
ACT TN Testing: ACT TN Website Link
- ACT TN Senior Retake
- The ACT TN Spring
Good Information to Know (Resources)
The following documents are available for review from TDOE and provide valuable information about Student Assessment in Tennessee.
- TDOE - Student Assessment in TN link
- TNReady Score Reports explained link.
- TDOE TNReady webpage is available at this link
- Assessment Blueprints for 2019-20 show a summary of what is assessed in each grade.
- Why Test? is a one page handout that explains the high level role of assessments (download here)
- Assessment Calendar from TDOE
- Assessment Calendar - Knox County
Department of Research, Evaluation and Assessment (REA)
The Department of Research, Evaluation, and Assessment (REA) is a multi-faceted team that serves the district. REA is comprised of the Supervisor of Research and Evaluation, the Supervisor of Assessment, a senior data analyst, a data analyst, and an accountability specialist. The department is responsible for state accountability measures, administration of all district-wide assessments, program evaluation, researching curricular data, communicating data to appropriate stakeholders across the district, and providing its analytical expertise to assist school leaders in making student-centered, data-driven decisions. In addition to these responsibilities, the REA team also serves as the gateway for external organizations requesting access to data from the Knox County Schools to include in third-party research.