East Tennessee Children's Hospital
Leading the Way To Healthy Children
East Tennessee Children’s Hospital in Knoxville is a private, independent, not-for-profit pediatric medical center that has served children since 1937. Our 152-bed hospital is certified by the state of Tennessee as the only Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center in East Tennessee and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
At East Tennessee Children's Hospital, children are our only concern, and that drives our mission to improve the health of children through exceptional, comprehensive family-centered care, wellness and education. It is a mission that centers on a profound and unchanging.
Knox County Health Department
Our Vision Every Person a Healthy Person
Our MissionTo encourage, promote and assure the development of an active, healthy community through innovative public health practices
- Responsiveness and commitment to our community
- Accountability and integrity in our operation
- Excellence through evidence-based and innovative practices
- Leading by example
- How do we continually assure that Knox County Health Department infrastructure empowers us to be at the forefront of Public Health?
- How do we establish community wide understanding and value for Public Health?
- How do we respond effectively to our community's public health issues?
- How do we facilitate a community approach to better health?
UT College of Nursing
The College of Nursing at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is a nationally recognized leader in the education of highly-skilled, visionary nurses. The College of Nursing was established in July 1971 in response to a long-recognized and well-established need for nurses prepared at the collegiate level.