DHS runs the Pandemic-EBT program. Additional information can be found on their webpage here.
Round 5 (SY 2022-2023)
Information regarding P-EBT round 5 can be found here.
Round 4 (SY 2021-2022)
Benefits for SY2021-22 will be delivered beginning July 30, 2022.
Round 4 Eligibility:
- Must be attending in-person instruction (KCS virtual schools are not eligible).
- Must be enrolled in the free or reduced meal program or attend a CEP school.
- NOTE: KCS is not charging for meals in SY2021-22, but the P-EBT program is only available to students enrolled in the free/reduced meal program or attending a CEP school. A student who attends a non-CEP school and does not have an approved free/reduced application is not eligible.
- Must have missed school due to COVID, either through illness, quarantine, or school closure. Only days missed due to COVID will be paid.
- DHS has a Parent Portal for you to view your child's status, see benefit amounts, update or check your address, or decline benefits: https://tdhs.service-now.com/relief
- You may also call their parent hotline: 833-419-3210 to receive this information.
- For issues with the actual P-EBT card (activation, replacement, etc.), call 888-997-9444.
Round 3 (October 2020-July 2021):
- Must have qualified for free or reduced meals or attended a CEP school.
- NOTE: KCS did not charge for meals in SY2020-21, but the P-EBT program was only available to students who normally would have qualified for free/reduced meals.
- Benefit amounts varied based on whether your child was an "in-person" learner or a "virtual” learner.
- Eligible students were classified as "hybrid" or "virtual,” and the benefit amount depended upon classification. This is different from previous rounds.
- October and November: Free/reduced in-person learners who had Covid-related absences (quarantine, isolation, or school closure) received a partial (hybrid) benefit. Free/reduced virtual learners received the full benefit.
- December: All free/reduced in-person learners received a partial (hybrid) benefit due to the district-wide closure. Free/reduced virtual learners received the full benefit.
- January-May: Free/reduced in-person learners who had Covid-related absences (quarantine, isolation, or school closure) received a partial (hybrid) benefit. Free/reduced virtual learners received the full benefit.
- Summer 2021: All students who received free/reduced benefits received a flat rate of $375 per child for the summer.
Round 2 (August-September 2020)
- Must have qualified for free or reduced meals or attended a CEP school, where schools do not charge for meals.
- All free or reduced eligible virtual learners were eligible for this round.
- Free or reduced eligible in-person learners were ONLY eligible for this round IF they missed five consecutive days due to COVID (quarantine, isolation, school closure).
- This card was mailed to your home.
Round 1 (March-May 2020)
- All students who qualified for free or reduced meals or attended a CEP school were eligible this round.
- You may have received this benefit ONE of three ways:
- Loaded to your regular EBT card (sometime around June)
- You applied for the benefit through DHS and received it late summer/early fall
- You received a card mailed to your child's SY2019-20 school