KCS Vision for Professional Learning
The Knox County Schools Professional Learning Framework reflects the guiding principles that we believe are foundational to providing a meaningful and impactful professional learning experience for Knox County educators. This framework will enable us to direct and monitor our professional learning systems and structures, balance the needs of the district, our students, and our individual educators, and maintain our commitment to invest in our people as learners and leaders.
For questions regarding professional development for CTE teachers, please contact Ulla Carr at email@example.com.
Training and materials are available to CTE teachers through:
- CTE New Teacher Academy Canvas course (orientation plus 5 modules published just-in-time throughout the school year)
- District Learning Days (3x per school year)
- An asynchronous Canvas course: CTE Professional Development (support by topic)
- CTE Google Site with crosscurricular content featuring CTE lesson plans incorporating academics such as ELA and Math
- In-person and virtual professional development sessions as needed by content area