KCS Vision for Professional Learning
The Knox County Schools Professional Learning Framework reflects the guiding principles that we believe are foundational to providing a meaningful and impactful professional learning experience for Knox County educators. This framework will enable us to direct and monitor our professional learning systems and structures, balance the needs of the district, our students, and our individual educators, and maintain our commitment to invest in our people as learners and leaders.
For questions regarding professional development for CTE teachers, please contact Ulla Carr at email@example.com.
Professional Development is available to CTE teachers through:
- New Teacher Academy (summer kick-off plus 5 meetings throughout the school year)
- CTE Coaching Program
- District Learning Days (3x per school year)
- Teacher Externships
- Personalized Learning (e.g. through choosing from after-school PD offerings or completing Micro-credentials)
There are several ways to gain industry experience in the fields we teach which will benefit our students:
- CTE’s summer externships
- The Educator in the Workplace program by the Chamber of Commerce
- The state department’s School Team Externship Program