CTE Career Clusters and TN State Standards
Knox County CTE teachers base their instruction on the Tennessee State Standards for CTE. These are grouped into 16 career clusters plus middle school content. Within each cluster, several programs of study can help students contentrate in a specific area. Each program of study consists of 4 levels/courses, of which a student must complete two in consecutive order to be considered a concentrator.
To view the CTE Programs of Study for 2021-22, click here.
To view any specific changes (in course names, program names, etc.) from 2020-21 to 2021-22, click here.
These are the CTE career clusters:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology, & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections, & Security
- Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics
- Middle School CTE Coursework
If the links above are followed, the programs of study with their aligned courses become accessible. For each course, the state standards can be pulled up.