Students, parents, school staff members and all community members are encouraged to join us in creating the new five-year plan for Knox County Schools.
There are several ways for you to share your insights:
- Insight Sessions: These are open public meetings that invite everyone to come share their perspectives in facilitated small break-out sessions. We have held all of our Insight Sessions but you can find the insights that were shared here.
- Chatterboxes: These are informal Insight Sessions that groups of people can opt into if they are unable to attend a community Insight Session. Essentially, we bring the Insight Session to you – whether it be your school, your business, your organization – and execute the same facilitated protocols we used in our larger community Insight Sessions. Generally, our Chatterboxes target:
Stakeholder Survey: Our survey has now been closed.Email Us: You can always email us your insights at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KCS Staff – we come meet with groups of principals and teachers to get their insights
- KCS Parents – we ask groups of parents to come together to share their insights and attend PTA meetings
- KCS Students – we gather groups of students (during school and in their after-school programs) to hear their insights
Once we have collected all of these important insights, we will come back to the community and host two Feedback Sessions, which are intended to check back in with parents and stakeholders with a more synthesized version of all the feedback that we received during our Insight Sessions. It’s our way of ensuring that we heard your input correctly and to also share some possible initiatives that could address some of your concerns.
Dates and Locations (all sessions from 6:00 – 8:00 pm)
- November 14: Gresham Middle School (500 Gresham Rd)
- November 21: Bearden High School (8352 Kingston Pike)