Knox County Schools provides a range of technical support and professional learning services to school personnel and their students, through the Assistive Technology Department.
These services are directed toward:
- Enhancing student achievement by providing access to appropriate assistive technology devices and services, and
- Improving instruction by increasing educator knowledge of assistive technology devices and services
Knox County Schools Assistive Technology Specialists support the use of assistive technology by:
- Participating in IEP team and 504 committee meetings,
- Consulting with teachers and parents,
- Assessing student needs - directly and indirectly,
- Teaching and modeling the implementation of new technology
- Teaching professional learning courses, and
- Providing a device loan program to students for extended trial use periods.
Assistive Technology Contacts