The Knox County Board of Education believes high quality charter schools have the potential to be a useful structure to help effectively educate Knox County students and enhance quality public education choices for all students and their families.
Charter Schools are meant to serve as innovative learning centers where strong teachers and experienced administrators advance each student’s achievement every day, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, disability, proficiency in English, academic ability, social capital or family income.
Charter Review Team
- Kathy Duggan, KCS Charter Schools Support/Retired KCS Principal
- Gary Dupler, Knox County Deputy Law Director
- Connie French, Knox County PTA Parent
- Dr. Alicia Jones, KCS Director of Student Success
- Rich McKinney, KCS Research, Evaluation and Assessment Practitioner Data Analyst
- Ron McPherson, KCS Chief Financial Officer
- Alex Moseman, KCS Executive Director of Talent Acquisition
- Sallee Reynolds, KCS Region 5 Supervisor
- Aaron Solomon, Wesley House Director of Church Partnerships
- Michael Taylor, Knox Education Foundation Chief Executive Officer
- Julie Thompson, KCS Executive Director of Academic Supports