Art club for 7th/8th grades will be canceled for this week (week of 9/20). The club will resume meetings on 9/28.
- Students may be dropped off as early as 7:30am.
- Students reporting to school at or after 8:30am must be signed in by an adult in the Main Office.
- No check-outs after 3:10pm.
- Student cell phones are to be off and put away from 8:00am - 3:30pm. This greatly reduces distractions for them throughout the day and we appreciate your support in this. If a student is found with their cell phone out/on during these times, then the phone will be kept in a safe in the office until a parent can come pick up the phone.
- New student enrollment until 2:00pm each day BMS is open.
School Coupon Book Campaign has started!
Click here for the district kickoff video. New this year! The schools get to keep all $10 from the sales, this goes directly to the school to benefit our students!
Click here for a list of participating merchants and to purchase your books online. Students can turn their money and receive books in at the Concession stand in the mornings. This year all $10 from the sale of each book will be given to the school to support student, classroom and teacher supplies as well as student incentives. We use these funds to purchase classroom technology such as flatscreens and AppleTVs to aid in instruction as well as printers and ink, instructional technology to support all students, PE supplies and much needed instruments/resources for our band and new orchestra program.
- Last year's BNN Crew: If you would like to be on this year's BNN Crew then go to the STEM Lab before or after school to sign up.
- Applications for new crew members will be available September 20-24.
Boys and Girls Basketball Tryouts
Tryouts for the basketball teams will begin on Monday, September 27th. You must have a completed physical form (filled out by a physician) dated after April 15, 2021 and completed the concussion and cardiac arrest information forms in order to tryout. Forms need to be turned in by Friday, September 24th. In addition, a student needs to have a minimum 2.0 GPA in order to be an eligible candidate for the team.
A limited amount of physical forms are available for boys in Coach Zorio's room and for girls in Coach Bowling's room. Links to all necessary forms (including the updated Knox County Physical form) are available on the BMS Boys' Basketball and BMS Girls' Basketball websites. Please visit the websites for updates regarding the schedule and additional information about tryouts.
Make-up Picture Day
Yearbooks are on sale now at https://www.balfour.com/tennessee/knoxville/bearden-middle-school Pre-order sales end March 25, 2022. 8th grade ads can also be purchased at balfour.com. The deadline to purchase an ad is March 2nd, 2022. Contact Ms. Salmons at email@example.com with questions.
8th Graders: West High School is hosting several IB information nights
- West will host IB informational sessions on the following dates so that families can learn more about MYP, CP, and DP at West.
- We will meet in the mini auditorium from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm on the following dates.
- Tues. Sept. 14
- Tues. Oct. 26
- Tues. Nov. 16
- Tues. Dec. 7
- Tues. Jan. 18
Bearden Cross Country is off and running
The Bearden cross country team opened its 2021 season last Saturday at the Victor Ashe Park Fall Classic and followed that up with their second race on Thursday at Cove Lake State Park. Our runners have heard a lot about social distancing this year, and they put some distance between themselves and their competition in Thursday’s race.
The girls set the bar high as all 13 of them raced to personal or season’s bests. Macie G and Campbell A led the girls, placing 29th and 33rd while finishing only one second apart. Julie K, Mackenzie E, Hailey T, Alexa M, and Kieran H completed the scoring for Bearden with Charlotte T, Angelina W, Chloe R, Riley D, Lara M, and Marie H chasing them to the line. The girls were 7th out of 15 full teams.
Thirteen of the 15 Bearden boys in the race managed personal or season’s bests. Nicholas B was impressive in winning the boys race averaging 5:19 per mile. That’s fast! JP P and Blake I joined Nicholas in the top 40, and Jackson A, Carter Z, Ben C, and Griffin S wrapped up the scoring. Following close behind were Cooper Eisenberg, Henry Casey, E Nanny, Liam Sharp, Rowdy Mowrer, Max Smith, Graham Haney, and Atreyu Holloway. The boys were a solid 5th out of 23 full teams and looked strong out there.
Congratulations to all our Bearden runners!
The next meet is Tuesday September 14th at Walters State University.
Full results of the Cove Lake meet are available at https://live.knoxvilleyouthathletics.org/meets/10852
Breakfast and Lunch are Free for all students this year.
Please complete the Free/Reduced Lunch application as we receive federal and state funding based on this information. This information is kept confidential.
The BMS Red/Blue calendar can be found here.
The BMS Student Handbook can be found here. This information includes but is not limited to:
School Messenger "Opt-In" InformationFor our new families: Principal Toth sends an email and phone call every week to give updates on events happening at the school. If you've not done so already, please "opt in" to School Messenger to receive information and updates. You can do that by clicking here. You must use the email address that you provided the school. You can opt-in to phone calls, emails and text messages.Car Rider Info:
- Guidelines for Medication
- Guidelines for Student Messages, Packages, Flowers, Balloons, Etc
- Student Dress Code
- Personal Communication Devices and / or Electronic Devices
- Cell phone information
- All car riders are picked up and dropped off on the Middlebrook side of the building unless other arrangements have been made with a student’s case manager.
- We cannot direct traffic on Middlebrook Pike, I encourage all parents dropping off students to enter the Middlebrook lot by using the Westbound Lanes of Middlebrook Pike and turning right at the electronic Bearden Middle Marquis. Turning left from Middlebrook can be very difficult and traffic often backs up to the light at Francis Rd.
- Click here for a map of the TRAFFIC Pattern
- You can park in the lot to pick up your child.
- Please do not have your child meet you in the driveway from Middlebrook PIke as that causes a danger for them and drivers around you. All students must be picked up in the parking lot at a parked vehicle or alongside the building.
- There can only be one lane of traffic entering the parking lot. Once you reach the point where the parking lot is on your left, you can form two lanes. The left lane will take you to the awning at the school entrance, the right lane will take you around the North side of the building where you can exit onto Francis Rd. You can pick up your child from either of these lanes once you reach the school building.
- Do Not have your child meet you in the surrounding neighborhoods, businesses or apartment complexes. They often notify the school and you can be ticketed/towed.
Bus Rider Info:
- Busses drop off and pick up at the Francis Rd Entrance of the building. Click here for bus stop locator information. Make sure your child knows their bus number.
- Students must ride their assigned bus. They cannot ride home on another bus with a friend.
- Walkers are released with car riders. Our Security officer will cross students at Middlebrook Pike. We work with those students on specific times to cross. If our Security Officer is not present, we instruct students who cross Middlebrook, to exit the front of the building and cross at the light at Middlebrook Pike.
KCS General Transportation Information can be found here.General Information
- Counselors/Social Worker
- Office Hours, Address, Phone Number, Fax Number
- Enrollment/Withdrawal Information
- BMS Bell Schedule
- School Tours
- School Supply Lists
- School Times
- Student Handbook
- School Zone Search
- Aspen Family Portal
- School Messenger Opt-In Information (School Notification Information)
- School Cash OnLine (Making Payments to BMS)
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Attendance, Early Check-Outs and Late Arrivals: BMS General Information and KCS Policies
- No School on the following 2021 days unless noted as a 1/2 day of school:
- September 6th, Labor Day
- October 11 - 15, Fall Break
- November 2, In-Service Day
- November 24 - 26, Thanksgiving Holidays
- December 17, 1/2 Day for Students
- December 20 - January 3rd, Winter Holidays & In-Service Day (January 4th is first day back for students after Winter Holidays.)