*In order to participate in any Knox County sponsored school sport, a student must have an up-to-date Physical Form on file at his or her school. Please view the BMS athletics webpages for information.
Knox County sponsored sports programs and middle school community sports programs.Knox County middle school sports are classified into two distinct categories:
Bearden Middle Recognized Knox County Sports
- Boys and girls basketball
- Boys and girls track and field
KCS Middle School Community Sports
KCS middle school community sports typically have the following characteristics:
- Club sports are NOT officially sanctioned by KCS.
- Onsite principals are NOT involved in personnel decisions regarding coaches.
- KCS supplemental insurance is NOT offered for these sports.
- These sports do NOT primarily or exclusively use KCS facilities.
- These sports do NOT have a faculty sponsor.
- Schools are NOT liable for these sports.
- These sports compete under the school name only.
- All Bearden Middle School sports that are not listed as recognized Knox County sports or club sports are considered community sports.
Bearden Middle School is the home of the BMS Bruins and Lady Bruins athletic teams. Click on the links to the left for information regarding specific BMS sports teams. For questions regarding BMS athletics, please contact either of the BMS Athletic Directors - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.comBMS is a proud member of the TMSAA. School sanctioned sports (boys and girls basketball and track and field and cheerleading) are in full compliance with TMSAA rules and guidelines. For information regarding compliance, eligibility, and other important sports related issues contact our athletic directors, listed above.