Bearden Middle School moved to online learning beginning Friday, Nov. 20. This is expected to last for a total of eight school days, with students returning to school for in-person instruction on Monday, December 7, unless otherwise notified.
November 25-27 (Wednesday-Friday)
Thanksgiving Holidays! No School.
Parenting Virtual Learners
Click here for information!
Please send an extra mask with your child on the day they have PE. They will be physically active!
Chromebook Cases may be purchased (at cost) online through School Cash Online here. A check or exact cash may also be sent to school with your child.
Cash/Check Price - $19.10
Online Price - $21 ($1.90 fee for online service)
In-Person students will be given their cases through the tech office in the library.
Virtual Families can pick up your cases in the office at your convenience.Congratulations to the following BMS students for placing in the 2020 East Tennessee Regional Art Exhibition at the Knoxville Museum of Art!We are proud of you!
Aurora B Best In Painting,and participation Avner B Participation Bailey P 2nd Place in 8th Grade Cassie W 1st Place in 8th Grade Elalian S Participation Estrella G Participation Kaylee B Best Photography Lulu S Participation Madeline B Participation Abby H Participation Liam B Participation Nathalie A Participation Olivia O Participation Sophia J Honorable Mention in 7th Grade
Exhibition Date for viewing...
Friday, November 27, 2020 – Sunday, January 10, 2021
For more information, please go to: https://knoxart.org/exhibitions/east-tennessee-regional-student-art-exhibition-5/AND!... There's more...Congratulations to the following BMS students for placing in the 2020 Virtual Student Art Exhibition at the Tennessee Valley Fair and please check out the link to see their art and some more of our very talented artists’ work displayed:Eighth Grade3rd Place Aurora B Peony PainSixth Grade2nd Place Sophia J Bended BranchesHM Max Phan The Plant (Phan)Fall Pictures went home with students on November 16th. School pictures may be ordered at mylifetouch.com using your Picture Day ID: EVTTNW93H.Picture Make-Up Day will be on December 11th. This is for in-person and virtual students, and it will be in the morning for both. (Times will be announced at a later date.) Students who had their Fall Picture taken and are unsatisfied with the quality may have a retake picture taken on December 11th as well.
Track information and form packets are in the Student Office or available on the Track webpage found here. All forms are due by January 22, 2021. Students must place completed forms in the Track Completed Forms box located in the Student Office. No late forms will be accepted. Click here for more information.Home Basketball Information for 2020-2021Regular Season Home Game Information:General Information
- Basketball Schedule
- The following games have been canceled or postponed. If any canceled game is rescheduled then we will post the rescheduled date.
- Whittle Springs
- Cedar Bluff
- West Valley
- Girls' games start at 4:30pm followed by Boys' games (unless noted otherwise on basketball schedule)
- Students must be picked up by 7:00pm.
Parking and Entering Building
- 80 general admission tickets will be sold for each home game.
- Ticket Prices: $5.00 each for students and adults
- Purchasing Tickets:
- Student and Adult Tickets Sold On-line
- Tickets will be sold on-line. The link to purchase on-line tickets is knoxschools.knoxcash.com and will be open two days prior to home games and close at midnight the day before the game.
- Student Tickets Sold During Lunch on Home Game Day
- If tickets are available once the on-line link closes, then students may purchase tickets in the Commons during their lunch period. (Adult tickets will not be available at this time.)
- Adult Tickets Sold at the Door
- If tickets are available, then adults may purchase tickets at the entrance to the game on a first come, first serve basis until sold out.
- Student and Adult Tickets Sold On-line
- Parking will be available in the Middlebrook Pike parking lot only, and attendees must enter through the Middlebrook Pike doors on the ground level.
- Attendees must wear a face mask and will have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Limited concessions will be available for purchase beginning approximately 4:00pm.
- No food or beverage is allowed in the gym.
Home Tournament Information:To Be AnnouncedYearbook InformationMarch 5th is the deadline to order a yearbook and 8th grade ad!2021 Yearbooks are on sale at Balfour.com for $40 each. 8th grade ads are also available to purchase.The yearbook staff has chosen to make a page featuring Bearden Middle School in the past. If you went to Bearden Middle as a student and have any pictures then the yearbook staff would love to have them!
Please send them to email@example.comVirtual Families, If you have pictures of your child learning virtually, you can share those with firstname.lastname@example.org to possibly be used in the yearbook. We'd love to see what that looks like for all our Virtual Bruins!
Click here for information.
Please be reminded that there are no left turns onto Middlebrook Pike in the mornings and afternoons. When you try to turn left you back up traffic and hold up the dismissal process for everyone else. If you would like to turn left onto Middlebrook Pike, exit the parking lot to Francis Rd and go to the light. Knox County Schools Security does not have the authority to direct traffic on Middlebrook Pike which is why the officer only crosses students.From BMS PTA..... PTA ENRICHMENT FUND UPDATE
Thank you for your continued support of our school by joining the PTA and contributing to our Enrichment Fund. With the uncertainty of fundraisers for the year, your contributions are especially appreciated. If you would like to make an online contribution please call or text Minette Townsend at 865-963-8572. Other easy ways to contribute - make sure your Kroger and Publix rewards cards are connected to BMS. Additionally, link your Amazon account to our school via Amazon Smile. Use the following link and select BMS as your charity school. Bookmark that link and use it for all of your Amazon orders. Thank you for all you do to make BMS an awesome school!
https://smile.amazon.com/Important Dates!December 18 (Friday), Dismissal at 12:00 noon (1/2 day of school)December 21-January 1, Winter Holidays, No SchoolJanuary 4 (Monday), In-Service Day, No School for StudentsJanuary 5 (Tuesday), First Day for Students after Winter HolidaysJanuary 18 (Monday), Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Holiday, No School
General InformationSchool Tour Information (There are currently not any school tours being given.)Bus, Car Rider, Traffic Flow Map, and Parking InformationAspen Family Portal Help and Information. Aspen Family Portal Log-In.
KCS Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Information (Scroll to bottom of page for FAQs.)K12PaymentCenter.com is a secure, easy and convenient way to apply funds directly to your student's account.