November 24-26 (Wednesday-Friday)Thanksgiving Holidays
- Students may be dropped off as early as 7:30am.
- Students reporting to school at or after 8:30am must be signed in by an adult in the Main Office.
- No check-outs after 3:10pm.
- Student cell phones are to be off and put away from 8:00am - 3:30pm. This greatly reduces distractions for them throughout the day and we appreciate your support in this. If a student is found with their cell phone out/on during these times, then the phone will be kept in a safe in the office until a parent can come pick up the phone.
- New student enrollment until 2:00pm each day BMS is open.
Free Tutoring through NovemberDoes your child need help getting caught up? Could your child benefit from individual support? If you are interested in free tutoring then you can email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org/8 - 11/12
Monday morning 11/8 - STEM Lab - 7:30 am - 8:15 am
Tuesday afternoon 11/9 - Library - 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
Thursday morning 11/11 - STEM Lab - 7:30 am - 8:15 am
11/15 - 11/19
Monday morning 11/15 - STEM Lab - 7:30 am - 8:15 am
Tuesday afternoon 11/16 - Library - 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
Thursday morning 11/18 - STEM Lab - 7:30 am - 8:15 am
11/29 - 11/30
BMS AuditionsAuditions for this year's musical will be held after school on November 30th and December 1st. Please see Ms. Little or Ms. Montross for audition packets and to sign-up.
Monday morning 11/29 - STEM Lab - 7:30 am - 8:15 am
Tuesday afternoon 11/30 - Library - 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
2021 Spirit Week
November 29 - December 3
Monday, School Spirit Day, Sink the Admirals (@ Farragut), Wear your BMS gear
Tuesday, Tacky Twins, Find someone to twin with; share your tacky favorites
Wednesday, Western Day, Think cowboy/flannel
Thursday, Camouflage Day, Hunting the Wolves (@ home), Military or Hunting Camouflage
Friday, College Day, Wear a college t-shirt, sweatshirt, or jersey
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to the Bearden Middle School library December 3 -10. Students will visit the fair with their ELA classes. Please join us on Tuesday, December 7, when the Book Fair is open until 6:30 PM. Visit https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=beardenmiddleschool1 for more information.Basketball InformationGeneral Information
Tickets for Regular Season Home GamesWest Valley Game Ticket Information:*Tickets for December 2nd basketball game vs West Valley are for sale online from November 27th-December 1st. Tickets are $5.00 online for students and adults. Tickets are for sale at the gate $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults, cash only.General Ticket Information:
- 2021-2022 Basketball Schedule
- All visitors must wear a face mask while inside the school building.
- All visitors need to park in the Middlebrook Pike parking lot.
Concessions for Regular Season Home Games
Tickets are $5.00 online for students and adults at Schoolcashonline.Tickets are for sale at the gate for $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults, cash only.
Students Staying for Regular Season Home Games
- Concessions will be available for purchase.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the gym.
School Tour Dates
- Wait in their classroom until 3:45 and then go to the Commons.
- Must be picked up by 7:00pm
Click School Tours for more information.
(A reminder that visitors must wear a face mask when inside the school building.)
Yearbooks are on sale now at https://www.balfour.com/tennessee/knoxville/bearden-middle-school Pre-order sales end March 25, 2022. 8th grade ads can also be purchased at balfour.com. The deadline to purchase an ad is March 2nd, 2022. Contact Ms. Salmons at email@example.com with questions.
8th Graders: West High School is hosting several IB information nights
High School Information for Current 8th GradersParent/Guardians/Students should check their high school's website on a regular bases for information. Information will be added here as we receive it from the high schools.
- West will host IB informational sessions on the following dates so that families can learn more about MYP, CP, and DP at West.
- We will meet in the mini auditorium from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm on the following dates.
- Tues. Sept. 14
- Tues. Oct. 26
- Tues. Nov. 16
- Tues. Dec. 7
- Tues. Jan. 18
- Informational flyer
- Career Magnet Academy
- Open House
- November 18th 5pm-7pm
- Learn more about what CMA can do for your student.
- Here about benefitting from an early college experience.
- Tours, Food, Prizes, Presentations
- Open House
- L&N STEM Academy
- November 16 2:00 pm
- November 17 10:00 am
- December 7 2:00 pm
- December 8 10:00 am
- Contact us if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you take your student to one of these tours, just write a parent note and their morning or afternoon tardy will be excused. We cannot excuse the entire day.
Car Rider Info
- West High School
- All car riders are picked up and dropped off on the Middlebrook side of the building unless other arrangements have been made with a student’s case manager.
- We cannot direct traffic on Middlebrook Pike. Parents dropping off students are encouraged to enter the Middlebrook lot by using the Westbound Lanes of Middlebrook Pike and turning right at the electronic Bearden Middle Marquis. Turning left from Middlebrook can be very difficult and traffic often backs up to the light at Francis Rd.
- Click here for a map of the TRAFFIC Pattern
- You can park in the lot to pick up your child.
- Please do not have your child meet you in the driveway from Middlebrook PIke as that causes a danger for them and drivers around you. All students must be picked up in the parking lot at a parked vehicle or alongside the building.
- There can only be one lane of traffic entering the parking lot. Once you reach the point where the parking lot is on your left, you can form two lanes. The left lane will take you to the awning at the school entrance, the right lane will take you around the North side of the building where you can exit onto Francis Rd. You can pick up your child from either of these lanes once you reach the school building.
- Do Not have your child meet you in the surrounding neighborhoods, businesses or apartment complexes. They often notify the school and you can be ticketed/towed.
Bus Rider Info
- Busses drop off and pick up at the Francis Rd Entrance of the building. Click here for bus stop locator information. Make sure your child knows their bus number.
- Students must ride their assigned bus. They cannot ride home on another bus with a friend.
- Walkers are released with bus riders. Our Security officer will cross students at Middlebrook Pike. We work with those students on specific times to cross. If our Security Officer is not present, we instruct students who cross Middlebrook, to exit the front of the building and cross at the light at Middlebrook Pike.
KCS General Transportation Information can be found here.Frequently Used Links
- Aspen Family Portal
- Attendance, Early Check-Outs and Late Arrivals: BMS General Information and KCS Policies
- Bell Schedule
- Counselors/Social Worker
- Enrollment Information
- Fax Number
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Office Hours
- Phone Number
- School Tours
- School Supply Lists
- School Times
- School Zone Search
- School Messenger Opt-In Information (School Notification Information)
- School Cash OnLine (Making Payments to BMS)
- Student Handbook
- Withdrawal Information