Attendance Awareness Month - September 2017Early Dismissal Information:
- If it is necessary for a student to leave school early, parents/guardians/individuals on student's emergency card must sign out children in the office and show their identification each time a student is checked out of school.
- Under no circumstances may a student sign themself out of school.
- Due to transportation logistics, no early dismissals after 3:10 p.m.
- Students who check out of school before 12:00 noon will be counted as absent for the day.
Late Arrival Information:
Students who check in to school after 12:00 noon will be counted as absent for the day on full days of school.Students who check in to school after 8:30am will be counted as absent for the day on half days of school.
Turning In Absence Notes:
Parents/Guardians Tracking Attendance:
- Upon their return to school, students should turn in Absence Notes for Full Day absence to their homeroom teacher.
- Upon their return to school, students should turn in Absence Notes for Partial Day absences (late arrivals and early dismissals) to the Student Office.
- Parent absent notes are not accepted by email.
Attendance information can be found in the Student Handbook/Agenda/Policies and Procedures and KCS Attendance Policies (scroll to bottom of page).
- Parent/Guardians should track their child's Daily Attendance using ASPEN Family Portal (use the Daily Attendance tab, not attendance found under the Academics tab)
- Please contact Deborah Chambliss, Attendance Secretary, at 539-7839 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Students with 5 (five) or more unexcused absences will be contacted by our school social worker, Shana Davis, email@example.com or our guidance office.