July 25, 2019
Dear Students and Parents,
As we plan for this fall, we would like to communicate our plans regarding the device deployment process so that all students have access to an iPad in a timely manner. With an iPad in hand, all students will have the opportunity to engage in personalized learning and collaboration throughout the school year.
Prior to deployment, students and parents must review the device deployment orientation presentation, read the device procedures and expectations document, and sign the technology agreement; all documents are available at the bottom of this page, as well as in the left menu bar. Paper copies are available in the in the front office as well. We would ask that while you are filling out beginning of the year school paperwork, that you also sign and submit the 2019-20 KCS Media Release form.
- The device deployment orientation presentation can be viewed online. We will also show the video in full at each grade level's open house.
- Students will receive a Technology Device Agreement form from their homeroom teacher during the first week of school. This piece of paper is typically green. If a student is new to Knox County or recently transfered to BMS, his or her paperwork may be on plain white paper instead of green.
- In order to receive an iPad, all tech paperwork must be signed (by parent and student) and turned into the student’s homeroom teacher.
- Devices will be distributed by homeroom teacher based on collected paperwork. Distribution will happen in stages as paperwork comes in; those who submit their paperwork first will receive devices first.
- Please be patient with us as distribution and set up of 1400 iPads is a daunting task; additionally, we have to be very diligent about record keeping regarding these devices.
**All iPads will be deployed during school hours.
Students who owe a technology fine for past damages will not receive a device until the technology fine has been paid. Students may pay technology fines with cash or check written to Bearden Middle School. As a final reminder, the school does NOT deploy chargers for the iPads; however, we will have a table at both Open House nights where chargers can be bought at cost ($20) and technology fees for past damages can be paid. Technology fines can also be paid online; see the BMS website for more information.
Parents, if you have questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me or Mr. Steve Shedden via e-mail or phone. I look forward to seeing you at our Open Houses, and I look forward to working with you and your children this year.
Bearden Middle School
BMS 2019-20 Deployment Paperwork
This information will be sent home during the first week of school with your child from his or her homeroom teacher. However, if anything gets misplaced, you can also click on the links below and print another copy. The BMS Technology Device Overview (video) must be watched and THEN the Tech Agreement signed. Please return this paperwork to your child's homeroom teacher as soon as possible.
The BMS administrators, as well as our Technology Staff, Mrs. Pace (TPaCK) and Mr. Shedden (BLTC/Dean of Students) can search a device at any time for any reason. Students and parents, please note, any personal device that uses our WiFi is also subject to search, discipline, and potential seizure. Further, it is a violation of the KCS Technology Agreement for anyone to use a personal hotspot to connect any school device and/or personal device to an internet provider other than the dedicated Knox County Schools WiFi while on school grounds.