PTSO Triple I Scholarship
2019-2020 SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
Triple I Scholarship: Involved, Intelligent, Inspired
The Triple I Scholarship is the legacy of previous PTSO president Sara Mayo. She envisioned a scholarship that was intended to meet the needs of the non-traditional scholarship recipient. Students considered for the Triple I Scholarship are those who may not be recognized as being at the very top of their senior class but who are instead consistent in their efforts to better themselves and the community. This scholarship opportunity is meant to praise and recognize and reward a student who may go unnoticed otherwise.
Criteria for Applying:
- WHS PTSO will award two $1,000 scholarships annually. Scholarships will be awarded to one male and one female graduating from West High School who have demonstrated excellence in being “Involved, Intelligent, Inspired” while at West.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors from WHS who will continue their education at a university, junior college or vocational school.
- Students are required to write a 250-word or less type-written essay about their involvement at West and/or the community and how they have been inspired.
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- Two letters of recommendation: One from a teacher and one from an individual who knows the applicant personally. All recommendation letters should be submitted in sealed envelopes with the signature of the recommender signed over the seal.
Submit completed applications to Sarah Bast by March 6, 2020.
Winners will be announced at Senior Celebration. Recipients must provide materials verifying their decision to attend their chosen college, university, or vocational school prior to receiving the scholarship check.Questions contact: Sally Brogden - firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-974-6668.