Monday - Friday
8:00a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (865) 594-4477
About The West HS Library
Hi there! I'm Ms. Williams, and I have been the librarian at West High School since November 2013. Welcome!!
At my job interview, I teared up when I started talking about making a difference in a student's life. And right then, I knew that I was exactly where I needed to be. Every day I come to work, I have the opportunity to make a difference in a young person's life, and to share my love of travel, culture, and especially READING to teens!
I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in History (Summa cum Laude) and a Masters of Information Science from The University of Tennessee in 2009.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns!
See you soon!
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists Mission Statement
The Library Media Specialist works collaboratively with students, teachers, administrators, and the larger community to meet the personal and academic needs of each learner as they strive to make sense of the world.
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists Beliefs
We believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.