I'm so excited to be here at West High School, and I encourage all students to stop by the library with research questions, for book recommendations or just to check email!
The kids at West amaze me.. I feel very lucky to work with such a dynamic, diverse group of students, and to see them grow, learn and change every day is such a gift!
I earned a Bachelor's Degree in History and a Master's of Science, Information Science at UTK. I worked as a Legal & General Studies Librarian at South College for 4 years, where I developed library collections, purchased materials, worked in inter-library loan, library instruction and provided reference & research assistance.
Please feel free to contact me by phone or email with any questions or concerns.
Phone: (865) 594-4477 x75223
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists Mission Statement
The Library Media Specialist works collaboratively with students, teachers, administrators, and the larger community to meet the personal and academic needs of each learner as they strive to make sense of the world.
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists Beliefs
We believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.