Welcome to West!
West High School is one of the fifteen area public high schools in the Knox County School District. The school opened its doors in 1951 on the original site of the McGhee Tyson Airport. West was one of four high schools, along with East (now Austin-East), South (now South-Doyle), and Fulton. We've come a long way from our first graduating class of 100 students in 1952!
West is located at the corner of Sutherland Avenue and Tobler Avenue.