IB MYP FACULTY
Hannah Johnson: MYP Coordinatorhannah.firstname.lastname@example.orgRachel Harmon: FRAC Principal (9th grade)email@example.comJonathan East, WISE Principal (10th grade)firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE IB MIDDLE YEARS PROGRAMME?
The MYP focuses on supporting student academic and personal growth through the following components:
- 8 subject areas that focus on TN State and KCS local curriculum through a challenging IB MYP framework, which encourages students to make connections between their studies and the real world.
- Areas of Interaction to tie learning to both the real world and other subject areas. These include: Health and Social Education, Community and Service, Environments, Approaches to Learning, and Human Ingenuity.
- Approaches to Learning help students to develop skills that have relevance across the curriculum that help them to "learn how to learn". They help to provide our students with a solid foundation for learning independently and with others.
- Learner Profile attributes are characteristics that all West High faculty encourage our students to embody in all aspects of their lives. IB learners are: Thinkers, Communicators, Risk Takers, Knowledgeable, Inquirers, Balanced, Reflective, Principled, Open-Minded, and Caring.
- Personal Project is the culminating MYP experience that West High School 10th graders develop and create throughout the sophomore year. This experience gives each student the chance to create a truly personal and creative project of their choosing. Through this endeavor, each student will be able to demonstrate his/her ability to take initiative, think creatively, and communicate effectively—a few of the many skills our students need to be college and career-ready.
IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to improving the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high-quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.