How Do I Get Homework When My Child Misses School?
- One day absence. Your child needs to request his/her missed assignments from teachers upon returning to school.
- Three or more days of school missed. Call the school in the morning and we will make a request to the teachers. Due to meetings taking place during teachers' plan time, it is reasonable to allow 24 hours to get assignments. Your child's assignments are placed on the small table inside the office. Another option is to have a "study mate". This is a fellow student in each class that you can call to get assignments.
- With the website for the school and for each class, parents and students will be able to log on to the class website and obtain assignments there. Most teachers will provide downloadable worksheets for the student whenever possible.
- Students have the same number of days to make-up work as they missed. For instance, if your child has missed two days, he/she will have two days to make up the work.
- Students may complete homework during the morning bus hall and/or during homeroom.
- Suspensions. If your child is suspended, he or she may pick up missed work when he/she returns to school. He/she will have the same number of days as the suspension to make up work.
- Attendance is crucial to your child's success at school. Please make every attempt for your child to attend school. If your child is contagious or running a fever, he/she needs to stay home. Remember, parents have "ten parent notes" per year for sickness or family emergencies.