My mission as the CBMS School Counselor is to provide a comprehensive program based on the Tennessee School Counseling Comprehensive model and The American School Counseling Association (ASCA) model that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students.
My vision as the CBMS School Counselor is a global and inclusive program in which all CBMS stakeholders feel supported.
My beliefs as the CBMS School Counselor include:
- All students have digity and worth and a right to be served by a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Continued professional development is critical to maintain and enhance a high quality school counseling program.
- Building relationships is the key to being a successful student advocate, guide, and liaison between all members of the school community.
- The school counselor should conduct activities that contribute to the development of a positive school climate.
- The school counselor should help to recognize students' individual abilities and assist them in maximizing their potentials.
- The school counselor should help students develop a healthy self-concept and an acceptance of individual differences.
- The school counselor should work to foster a positive relationship between home and school.
- Every student has the capacity to learn in a safe school environment.
- Every student deserves respect for their ethnic background and diversified needs.
As the CBMS School Counselor, I will provide support to all students through individual, small group, and classroom guidance, as appropriate. I will be an advocate for all students, parents, faculty, and staff in order to enhance the overall school climate, and support a character-driven, collaborative environment in which students may reach their full potential. I will work in partnership with other educators, parents/guardians, and our community members to support of our stakeholders. These partnerships will help ensure that all students at CBMS have the opportunities they need to acquire the knowledge and skills to meet their highest potential, become lifelong learners, and global citizens.