Aimee Bridges, 6th & 8th Grade Counselor
Kate Mascarette, 7th Grade Counselor
The mission of the Knox County School Counseling Program is to provide every student with a comprehensive school counseling program centered around an engaging curriculum that encourages the highest level of student achievement and excellence through their growth in academic, career and personal/social domains. In partnership with teachers, administrators, parents and a caring community, the school counselors will help every student to be a successful lifelong learner and problem solver.
Knox County students are high-achieving learners who graduate college and career ready, well prepared to meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century. All students participate in rigorous curriculum and high-quality opportunities for self-directed personal growth supported by a comprehensive school counseling program that facilitates strategic partnerships between the school, family and community. As successful life-long learners and productive citizens, each of our students achieves excellence, making a positive difference in our schools and community.
School Counselors in Knox County believe:
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and career success
- Student developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors
- Data must be analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development of the comprehensive counseling program promoting student achievement
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student