*** Changes in New Student Enrollment Procedures due to COVID-19. ***

    For SY 2020-21, Bearden will be processing new student enrollments virtually in order to comply with local guidelines.

    How to I enroll a new student at Bearden High?

    1. Gather all required documents needed for enrollment (see below)
      • NOTE: All documents needed for enrollment must be copies which will remain at Bearden.
    2. Return all required documents
      • Documents may be scanned and emailed to Roberta.Davis@knoxschools.org
      • Document may be faxed to (865) 470-2119
        • NOTE: documents returned via email or fax will have priority in processing
      • Documents may be dropped off at school during food disribution times:
        • Mondays & Wednesdays between 10:00 a.m. - noon through May 20th
          • check the website after May 20th for options past May 20th
        • NOTE: there will be a delay in processing documents which are mailed in or dropped off at school
    3. Wait for an email or phone call from Bearden:
      • Families will be contacted if there are any missing items.
      • The enrollment counselor (Beverly.Anderson@knoxschools.org) will contact families to discuss course scheduling, graduation requirements and answer any school culture questions.  This contact may be via phone call, email or an invitation to a Zoom meeting.

    stop    First, check here to be sure you live in the Bearden High School Zone!                     



    • New Student Enrollment Form –  found here – please fill out front and back sections. Must be signed and dated by parent or guardian.


    • Proof of Residence

    Provide a current utility bill (KUB, LCUB, W.Knox Utility) OR a lease or property deed in legal guardian’s name. If this is not possible, do the following:

    The person with whom you are living must write and sign a letter which gives their legal address and the names of all who live there. Their signature must be notarized. Bring the letter, along with a utility bill or renter’s/owner’s lease in the name of the person who wrote and signed the letter.

    • Immunization Records

    Provide the Tennessee Child Health Record (Form PH-4103), signed by a health professional. This form (or a photocopy) must be obtained directly from the county health department or your healthcare provider.

    • Recent Physical Examination

    Within 30 days of enrollment, you must provide proof of a physical exam that was done with the last twelve months

    • Proof of Birth

    Examples include but are not limited to the following:

    • Birth Certificate – issued by any government
    • Passport – issued by any nation (translated)
    • Immigration Documentation
    • Decree of adoption or other records issued by a court


    • Proof of Custody/Guardianship

    If the student lives with anyone other than both natural parents listed on the birth certificate, a copy of final legal documents (divorce decree, parenting plan, court document) which indicate who has primary residential custody of the student must be provided.



    • Social Security Card 
    • Withdrawal from the last school

    Withdrawal papers should include an unofficial transcript, attendance records and discipline records. If a student is enrolling during the summer months, provide a copy of the last report card and their planned schedule. NOTE: Official copies of all records will be requested by Bearden once the student is enrolled.

    • New Student Course Enrollment form: Please help your student complete their course Enrollment form and include this form with the other required enrollment documents. 

    10th, 11th, 12th Grade New Student Course Registration Form      9th Grade New Student Course Registration Form

    To see a list of course offerings at Bearden, view the Course Selection Sheet (CSS):  10th_11th_12th_CSS     9th Grade CSS

       For a list of All Course Descriptions, visit here.   To see only the 9th Grade Course Descriptsion, visit here

    **Any Special Ed or State Custody student coming from another Knox County School must provide Proof of Residence and Proof of Custody to be enrolled and scheduled. Remaining enrollment documents must be submitted to the Guidance Office within two weeks of date of enrollment.


    All Special Ed or State Custody students coming from outside of Knox County Schools must provide all documents to enter.

    Comments (-1)