August 17, 2018
- Mark your calendar for Parent Nights! This is the night parents are invited to come learn more about your child’s classroom.
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: August 20 5:00-6:00
- 4th and 5th Grade: August 21 5:00-6:00
- Kindergarten: August 27 5:00-6:00
- Traffic reminder:
- Students may not be dropped off in the parking lot, even if an adult is getting out of the car to walk them across the crosswalk. This is not safe and it holds up the line in the parking lot. Every car must be parked in a slot before an adult and child can exit.
- August 22nd will be the first full day for ALL of our Kindergarten students. This will greatly impact our traffic. Please be patient as we add these 175 students into our car line in the morning and afternoon.
- Thank you to Hard Knox Pizza just opened the Hardin Valley location. Unsolicited, they gave each of the Hardin Valley Schools a monetary donation! This donation will benefit your children!
- PTO highlights:
- Thank you to everyone who has signed up for PTO so far! We will have our membership and spirit wear tables set up at all the upcoming Parent Nights. This will be the last opportunity to buy spirit wear until the Hoe Down on October 26. A big thanks to our membership and spirit wear committees for working so hard with all the back to school activities!
- Our Membership Drive is in full swing, so don't forget to sign up for PTO. Help us reach our goal of 100% this year and be a part of this important organization! Memberships are $6 for individual and $25 for family. 100% of all funds raised for the membership drive stay in our school! Plus, don't miss some great coupon packages provided by local sponsors!
- Thank you to our Membership Sponsors: Chick Fil A, Dickey's BBQ, Great Clips, Huntington Learning Center, Jason's Deli, Menchie's, The Muse, Salsarita's Sharkey's Cuts for Kids, Stefano's and Zaxby's.
- Mark Your Calendars:
- Our first All Pro Dad meeting for this year will be held on Friday, August 31 at 6:30 am in the cafeteria. Additional details will come home with your children in their Tuesday folders.
- Our first General Membership meeting will be on Tuesday, September 18 at 6pm on the cafeteria. There will be a program for the students attending and Cooks on the Curb food truck will be there so everyone can grab some dinner.