Ritta Elementary School
Kindergarten Supply List
2022 - 2023
Welcome to Kindergarten! We will collect supplies on your child’s 2nd staggered day. Please do not label any supplies with your child’s name.
- One backpack or tote bag – no wheels, but it needs to be large enough to hold the 3-ring binder.
- 1 WHITE 3-ring binder with clear plastic cover (1 inch)
- 24 ELMER’S glue sticks
- 18 pre-sharpened pencils
- 4 boxes of 24-count CRAYOLA crayons
- 4 thin BLACK dry-erase markers
- 1 pair of FISKAR kid scissors
- 1 pair of headphones
- 1 re-usable water bottle with spill-proof lid
- 1 box of Kleenex
- 1 change of clothes—All children will need a change of clothes that match the season (example: short sleeves in summer/spring and long sleeves in fall/winter)
Thin Crayola classic markers
Thick Crayola markers
Plain Band-aids-no designs
Gallon size Ziploc bags
Sandwich-size Ziploc bags
**The reason specific name brands have been asked for is that, by experience, we have learned these items will last the whole year and will not have to be replaced as often.
We strongly encourage you to watch the ads for sales during the months of July and August. Many of these items will be on sale. You might also consider buying a few extra items while they are on sale to be sent in mid-year if your child’s supplies need to be refreshed. Tax Free weekend will start July 29th. It is a good idea to stock up at this time on items that might need to be replaced mid-year (crayons, glue, etc.).
If you cannot find some of the above items, we will work with you to make sure your student has what he or she needs to be successful in the classroom.