ACT/SAT Test Prep Resources
BHS does not recommend a particular test prep resource. This list is only a few Test Prep resources available.
- Bertelkamp- Mrs. Boris will be offering ACT-specific tutoring through Bertelkamp.
- Tuesday & Thursday 7:30am to 8:15am and/or 3:45pm to 4:30pm in Room 424.
- This will begin on Sept. 11, 2018.
- ACT Academy https://academy.act.org/ a free online learning tool and test practice program designed to help students master the skills they need to improve their ACT scores and succeed in college and career.
- ACT Academy provides students with a personalized study plan based on their scores from the ACT® test, PreACT®, or official ACT practice tests through video lessons, interactive practice questions, full-length practice tests, educational games and other materials targeted to their academic needs.
- Personalized resources
- Accessible anytime/anywhere a user has an internet connection
- Both a full length test option as well as test sections
- Educational games to drive mastery of content
Already taken the ACT? To take full advantage of ACT academy, have your score report handy, because you’ll enter data for a personalized study plan. If you haven’t taken the ACT, you can still take a practice test on the website and a personalized study plan will be created.
Preparing for the ACT
Preparing for the ACT Spanish Version- https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/Preparing-for-the-ACT-Spanish.pdf
- Khan Academy/SAT Test Prep https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat Take real, full-length new SAT practice tests from College Board and get personalized SAT practice tailored just for you.
- Test Prep and Education Reference Center (TERC)is a valuable online tool used by library patrons of all ages for standardized test preparation. Test prep—Full-length, timed practice exams that simulate the actual testing experience for AP, ACT, SAT, and PSAT exams. Diagnostic pre-tests help students determine where they stand and how much preparation they need before taking an exam.
- To Access: BHS Website>Library Media>Data Bases>Select Test Prep and Education Reference Center>Create an Account
- March2Success https://www.march2success.com/ provides an online study program to help students prepare for standardized tests, improve school work, and review materials.
Knoxville Area Resources that Charge a Fee:
Huntington Learning Center ACT Test Prep https://huntingtonhelps.com/center/knoxville
Koontz Cram Course http://koontzcramcourse.com/
Outlier’s Advantage http://www.outliersadvantage.com/
Sylvan Learning Co. http://www.sylvanlearning.com/
Test Prep Experts http://testprepexperts.com/act/
Tutor Doctor http://www.tutordoctor.com/
Online Resources that Charge a Fee:
Kaplan Pre-College Test Prep programs http://www.kaptest.com/college
Princeton Review Test Prep https://www.princetonreview.com/college/act-test-prep?ceid=nav
Peterson’s ACT Test Prep https://www.petersons.com/testprep/act/