ACT Senior Retake Information
What: ACT Senior Retake on Paper
When: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Where: BHS 8:30 am to approximately 12:30 pm
Why: ACT is a graduation requirement.
Cost: Free to Seniors
Register: All 12th grade BHS students will be automatically registered for the ACT Senior Retake. Seniors will connect the student code provided by ACT in their MyACT Account as part of the registration process.
How to Create a MyACT Account for State Testing: Once ACT has released the platform for use, Seniors will receive instructions on how to connect their student code for the State ACT in their MyACT Account. Students will also receive directions on how to create/migrate a MyACT account through FLEX (Advisory), Class Canvas Page, and ASPEN Email. Link to MyACT Creation/Migration Instructions .
What to bring:
- 2 pencils
- a photo id
- a mask
- an acceptable calculator
- Know whether your calculator is permitted? Check ACT Calculator Linkor call 1-800-496-4681 for the most up to date recording.
Helpful ACT Prep Information: Click Here
Preparing for the ACT Paper- Link
Preparing for the ACT Paper- Spanish Version - Link
Statewide ACT Questions & Answers
- Which law requires students to take the ACT/SAT in the 11th grade year? Per state law, T.C.A. § 49-6-6001, effective July 1, 2007, “every public school student shall take an examination at grade eleven (11). This assessment shall be approved by the commissioner of education and provide information to assist in developing interventions for the purpose of improving student preparation for postsecondary achievement.” The commissioner of education has designated the ACT and SAT as qualified assessments for this purpose.
- Is the ACT a graduation requirement? Yes, the ACT or SAT is required for students receiving a regular high school diploma who were enrolled in a Tennessee public school in their junior year per the Tennessee State Board of Education’s high school policy.
- Can an eligible student register for the ACT with writing as part of this initiative? No, students who need to take the writing portion of the ACT should register for a national ACT testing date. Information on ACT national testing can be found here.
- How will student scores be reported? Students will receive a physical score report from ACT, Inc. three to eight weeks after testing.
- What if a qualifying student wants to retake the ACT but is absent on the date that we offer the test? Students who miss the test date at their school will need to retake the exam on a national test date at their own expense or by using an ACT fee waiver. Students who meet the requirements to be considered economically disadvantaged are eligible for up to two fee waivers from ACT, Inc. These fee waivers can be used to register for the ACT on any national test date. The department will no longer offer districts or students vouchers to test on national test dates.
- Can seniors take the ACT for the first time through the ACT Senior Retake Opportunity? All students receiving a regular diploma in the state of Tennessee are expected to participate in spring state day ACT testing in their junior year. The intent of the retake is to offer an additional opportunity to all students who tested as juniors. If a senior has yet to take the ACT, however, it is permissible for the student to participate in the October test administration.
Please note: Juniors and underclassmen are not permitted to participate in the October test administration.
Juniors and seniors who are considered economically disadvantaged may request up to two fee waivers to take the ACT on a national test date at no cost to them. For information on ACT fee waivers, click here.
Testing Announcements - BHS
BHS High School Code 431-090
You need this code to register for the ACT, SAT, AP, PSAT/NMSQT, and PreACT.