STEPS FOR TENNESSEE PROMISE AND TENNESSEE ACHIEVES
The Tennessee Promise application is now LIVE! Class of 2021, time to apply!
Helpful videos to get started:
Tennessee Promise checklist overview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XgSVOiEgTM&feature=youtu.be
Creating a TSAC portal account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2oUZp7xXQk&feature=youtu.be
Note: In your SDHS Class of 2021 Canvas page, there are additional instructions.
Applying for the Tennessee Promise
To apply for the Tennessee Promise scholarship, you must first create a student account in the TSAC portal. Remember, if you are a dual enrollment student, you probably already have a TSAC student account. You will use the same log in information to apply for the Tennessee Promise. It is extremely important that you save your log in information for the TSAC portal because this allows you to not only apply for the Tennessee Promise but also for all other scholarships from the state of Tennessee.
To create a student account for the TSAC portal:
1. Visit www.tn.gov//collegepays
2. Click the TSAC Student Portal box. Do NOT click the Tennessee Promise
3. Click "register".
4. Enter the required information including:
- Your first and last name EXACTLY as it appears on your Social Security card.
- Your Social Security number.
- Your date of birth
- Your email address
NOTE: It is extremely important that all of this information is entered completely. Please check it before submitting and do not guess your Social Security number.
Failure to provide accurate information will cause a delay in determining your scholarship eligibility or potential loss of an award.
Applying for the Tennessee Promise is not complete once a student portal account has been created.
To apply for the Tennessee Promise scholarship, you must:
1. Re-enter your Username and Password and answer the challenge question.
2. Accept the "user agreement"
3. Click the "Apply for Scholarships button"
4. Select the Tennessee Promise Scholarship and submit the online application.
Tennessee Achieves/Tennessee Promise requirements:
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.gov after October 1 and by *February 1 of your senior year. (*Deadline for FAFSA completion moved to March 1, 2021)
- Attend Mandatory TnAchieves Meeting(s) (see this year's handbook regarding changes due to COVID).
- Apply to community or technical college.
- Complete eight hours of community service after November 1 and report the hours by July 1.
- If selected for FAFSA verification, provide documentation to your institution.
- Enroll in a community or technical college by the fall after your senior year.