Kindergarten & Pre-K Registration
Kindergarten Registration and Pre-K Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year:
In order to abide by the safety guidelines recommended by the CDC, Health Department, we will be offering the following Kindergarten registration and PreK application process for the 2020-2021 school year:
• Parents may pick up registration packets in News Sentinel Box, located outside of the school (Vanosdale Rd side) OR download packet.
• Packets will be available May 5th - May 12th
• Parents may turn in packets with required documents on May 13th from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. This will be a drive through registration process.
• Kindergarten registration will be located at the car rider line area- Vanosdale Rd. side of the school
Required Documents for Kindergarten:
1. A birth certificate or officially acceptable proof of birth date (A child entering kindergarten shall be no less than five (5) years of age on or before
August 15, 2020 to enter school for the upcoming school year).
2. Proof of up-to-date immunizations and a health/physical examination, recorded on a Tennessee Child Health Record completed by a medical provider or a County Health Department. The form to be completed may be obtained from a medical provider or from the Health Department. The health/physical examination must have been completed within the past year. No student will be enrolled or allowed to attend school without a completed Tennessee School Immunization Certificate.
3. Current Proof of residency within the school zone (Utility bill, Lease agreement)
Application Process for PreK:
- Pre-K applications will be located in the bus area-Sheffield Dr. side of the school
- Children must be four years of age on or before August 15, 2020. Students will be chosen based on a weighted application. The focus is to enroll students in the underserved population, which includes children identified as ‘at-risk’. At-risk factors include family income, family structure, and special family situations. (These areas are determined to meet the State Department of Education guidelines.)
- If you have children enrolling in K and applying for Pre-K for the 2020-2021 school year, please go to bus area location-Sheffield Dr. side of the school
• If paperwork has not been completed prior to May 13th, parents will need to complete paperwork in their car to respect social distancing.
If you need help filling out the Pre-K application, watch Mrs. Dubes' video at right under "Useful Links."