Welcome to Cedar Bluff Elementary Library!The CBES Library contains books, audio visual materials, and technology for student and teacher use. Students in grades 1-5 may checkout two library books during their library time. Kindergarten students checkout one library book per visit. The books will be due nine days from the checkout date. If a student is not finished with a book, he or she may renew it once. Library hours are 8:00-2:30.
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.
Library Media Specialist
Kathy Crosskathy.email@example.com Library Office