Hours:8:00a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Monday - FridayNote: The library is closed so I can help in the cafe from 11:00 am - 12:00pm. If the lights are off, please return to class.
- You must have a note from your teacher to visit during the school day.
- Proper behavior is a must at all times. Remember to follow the HMS Maxims!
- Bring your I.D. card, agenda, and a pencil to the library every time you visit.
- Absolutely no food, drinks, gum, or candy in the library.
- Please bring your I.D. and agenda to the library for circulation purposes. Help us help you!
- If a student loses his or her agenda, it is their responsibility to purchase a new one in the office and bring it to the library for a replacement bar code.
- A book may be checked out for one month with a possible one-month re-check period.
- Two books may be checked out at one time.
- Reference books cannot be checked out.
- If a book is lost, the replacement cost must be paid to the library via cash or a check made out to Halls Middle School.
- If a book is damaged, every effort is made to repair the book. If the book is so damaged that it cannot be repaired, the replacement cost must be paid to the library via cash or a check made out to Halls Middle School.
- Computers may be used for research and the card catalogue only. You may not use the computers for personal use.
- Please bring your I.D. card and agenda to the library in order to use the computers.
- The Internet may be used for academic pursuits only. There are no exceptions; please don't ask.
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Education: University of Tennessee at Martin Master of Education Curriculum & Instruction: University of Mississippi Library Media Specialist Endorsement: University of Memphis
Ms. Emily Haendel
Greetings to all students, staff, parents, and administrators from the Halls Middle School Library!Welcome to the Halls Middle School Media Center web site. The Media Center staff is looking forward to a wonderful school year as we work through the beginning of school, Open Houses, academic night, the book fair, collaborating with teachers and administrators, and assisting the students with research and reading for fun!We are looking forward to seeing you soon!-Ms. Emily HaendelHalls Middle School Mission Statement:
At HMS we are focused on creating a safe, respectful community centered environment that empowers all students to be resourceful, mindful citizens of the world inspiring others through care, compassion and action.
Knox County Library Media Mission Statement:Knox County School Librarians are the friendly faces of knowledge acquisition. Our libraries are growing, multiservice, dynamic school centers that welcome, motivate, and inspire everyone in our community of users. We invest our time and skills in nurturing, promoting, and advocating for a learning environment that maximizes services and equitable access to resources. Our library programs are essential to a school-wide culture of innovation, achievement, and collaboration. Knox County School Librarians are forward-thinking leaders who model inquiry, information literacy, technologies, and trends in reading and instruction. Our professional charge is to inform and empower by fostering a safe environment where users can read, explore, question, solve and create, leading to Excellence for Every Child.
Ebooks for Professional Learning
Knox County Schools offers a collection of relevant and recent professional development ebooks for staff.
Please login to the professional ebook collection here. Your login credentials are your Active Directory username and password.
If you are taken to your school shelf, you can access the professional shelf by changing your site: