Writing a High School Resume
Click here to view the powerpoint.
Why do I need to make a resume?
A resume helps to arrange relevant information about your high school career that may useful when applying to colleges and scholarships.
It’s also helpful for other reasons:
- Provides insight to teachers, counselors, supervisors, etc. for letters of recommendation
- Helps present your background to counselors and college advisors
- Identifies topics on which to elaborate in personal statements and essays
What should I put on my resume?
- Name, Contact Information, and Professional Email Address
- College and Career Choices (optional)
- Academic Record with info on Class Rank (if applicable), GPA, ACT and/or SAT scores, AP classes, Dual Enrollment, etc.
- School Activities
- Community Activities
- Work Experiences
- Honors and Awards
- Other Items of Interest
- Personal interests that haven’t been covered
- Difficulties you have overcome: a learning disability, personal or family setback, an unforeseen change in circumstances, etc.