ABES Cardinals are high-achieving learners who take ownership of their success in academics and in life. Students embody our core values of Pride, Respect, Problem Solving, and Self Discipline as they embrace the challenges of the 21st century, supported by their school, family, and community.
The mission of the ABES School Counseling Program is to provide every student with a comprehensive, data-informed school counseling program centered around an engaging curriculum to help students grow in the academic, personal/social, and career domains. The program uses trauma-informed, evidence-based strategies to help all students feel safe and loved so they can own their success in academics and in life.
- All students can achieve high standards that will result in academic, career, and life success.
- Feeling safe and loved is foundational to academic success.
- Career development happens across the lifespan.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates, and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student.
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- Data must be analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development of the comprehensive counseling program promoting student achievement.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.