Adrian Burnett Elementary’s School Counseling Program will foster a culture of success and respect through personalized services that connect students experiences, family life, and community with a rigorous curriculum. The school counselors will tailor services to encourage each student’s highest level of achievement and excellence through growth in academic, career, and social/emotional domains. In partnership with families, teachers, administrators, and the community, school counselors will help every student become a lifelong learner and problem solver.
Adrian Burnett students are high achieving learners who meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century workforce. All students achieve self-directed, personal growth through rigorous curriculum and authentic real-world experiences. Student success is supported by a comprehensive school counseling program that facilitates strategic partnerships between our school, families, and community. As lifelong learners and productive citizens, each of our students achieves personal excellence, reaching goals and making a positive difference in the community.
- All students can achieve high standards that will result in college and career success.
- Social/emotional and academic development go hand-in-hand.
- Career development happens across the lifespan. For elementary students, problem solving and career awareness are critical to success in the world of work.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates, and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student.
- A comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered, and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors helps bolster student success and supports all stakeholders in reaching school-wide goals.
- A successful school counseling program is data driven, translating school wide and individual student data into goals that promote achievement for all students.
- Applying the ASCA ethical standards for school counselor empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.