Welcome to Adrian Burnett Elementary!Knox County Schools Kindergarten Round-up; Enrollment
Kindergarten Round-Up for the 2018-19 school year is scheduled for Tuesday, April 10, 2018. At the Kindergarten Round-up, parents receive important enrollment information in preparation of the upcoming school year. The first two weeks of school will be a staggered schedule for Kindergarten students. Students will attend a half day each week (with dismissal at 12:00 noon) beginning on August 9th and will begin the full day schedule on Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
If you are not able to attend Kindergarten Roundup on April 10th, you can still enroll at your zoned school.ELL Department Kindergarden Round-Up will be held at the Welcome Center on the following dates:Wednesday, March 28 - 4:00 - 6:30 p.m.Wednesday, April 11 - 4:00 - 6:30 p.m.Friday, April 27 - 4:00 - 6:30 p.m.Saturday, May 12 - 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Kindergarten Enrollment Age RequirementsChildren should be five by August 15 to enter school for the upcoming school year.Early Entry for Students Turning Five After August 15If a child has a birth date after August 15, 2018 and the parent would like Knox County Schools to consider early entry, they would follow these steps:
Need more information about registering a student in Knox County Schools? Click Here for the department page.
- The parent should go to their zone school and ask for the “Parent Referral to the S-Team”.
- The parent will fill out the “Parent Referral to the S-Team” and return it to the principal of the zoned school. The school will schedule a Support Team Meeting with the parent, the principal, a Kindergarten teacher representative, and the school psychologist to review the “Parent Referral to the S-Team”.
- The team may recommend that the school psychologist conduct an evaluation for eligibility of the intellectually gifted criteria.
- The Individual Education Plan (IEP) Team may request permission for an evaluation by the school psychologist. (The IEP Team includes the parent(s), the school principal, a Kindergarten teacher representative, and the school psychologist.)
- At the completion of the testing, the Individual Education Plan (IEP) Team will reconvene to review the testing and make a decision regarding giftedness, and the need for an early entry.