About Central Track & Field
The Central High School Track and Field program is a spring sport offered by the FHS athletic program and is sanctioned by the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA). The Spring season runs from early February until middle of May. Track conditioning starts first week of January on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 3:45p – 5:15p and Strength Training on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00a – 7:15a at Field House. Need a physical in order to practice.
Our program is built around four guiding principles:
1.Discipline: To motivate student-athletes to set goals, nurture individual strengths, techniques, and abilities and train hard to be the best they can be both on and off the track.
2.Perseverance: To encourage student-athletes to put forth a full effort in every workout, train and condition to maximize efficiency, increase speed, improve strength and develop both mentally and physically to reach their maximum potential in competitive situations
3.Leadership: To create a student-centered learning environment where dedication and discipline to academics and athletics not only enhance the quality of the lives of student-athletes, but also the lives of those who come in contact with them.
4.Teamwork: To unify every team member under the common goal of striving to reach his/her best at practice and at competitive meets so that each athlete can experience success as an individual, as a team and as a community.
CHS Track and Field Coaches are always looking for interested and talented student-athletes to train and compete in our track and field program. Coaches provide training in three categories: track events (sprints/distance running), field events (throwing, jumping/vaulting), and multi-events (decathlon/pentathlon) which combine disciplines from both track and field.
There are a variety of events which student-athletes can train to compete in at Central High School which are outlined below. If you are interested in trying out to participate in our program in one of these events, please contact Head Coach Kevin Bickley firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRINT EVENTS Sprints (100m, 200m, 400m) Hurdles (110/100m High, 300m Intermediate) Relays (4x100m, 4x200m, 4x400m)
DISTANCE EVENTS Middle distance (800m, 1600m) Long distance (3200m) Relays (4x800m)
FIELD EVENTS Horizontal Jumps: Long Jump, Triple Jump Vertical Jumps: High Jump, Pole Vault Throws: Discus, Shot Put
Distance Medley Relay Steeplechase Shuttle Hurdle Relay Decathlon/Pentathlon
- All athletes will be at practice and ready to run from 3:45pm - 5:15pm. any athlete missing the warm up without a valid excuse may be sent home without practicing that day and be counted as an unexcused absence.
- All athletes are required to complete the given workout; any athlete unable to do so may be taken out of competition for their own safety.
- Athletes are expected to maintain a 2.0 GPA; any athlete under a 2.0 may be dismissed from team.
- Athletes are expected to maintain appropriate behavior/attitude on and off the field; any athlete who shows disrespect towards their coaches, teammates, teachers, officials may be dismissed.
- All athletes competing at a meet will remain in the team designated area until they are done competing. Any athlete that leaves must have a coaches permission.
- There will be no parents or non competing athletes allowed in the team designated area. Parents and non competing athletes are welcome to sit near us but not under the tent.
- All athletes are required to bring their own snacks and drinks with them to the meets. Coaches will bring a Gatorade cooler with water to the meets. Some of the meets can last all day so please come prepared.
- Good Sportsmanship is expected by all athletes; any athlete not able to comply will be dismissed from the team.
- All injuries need to be cleared through our athletic trainer or medical physician. Only they can decide if an athlete is able to not participate in practice or a meet.
- Athletes are responsible for transportation to and from the meets. Please arrange transportation ahead of time.
- Coaches have final say on who runs what events and there may be situations when an athlete needs to substitute for someone else on a short notice; this will be an opportunity for you to help the team. Attitude is everything.
- Unless you hear TRACK PRACTICE IS CANCELLED” over the intercom you are expected to be at practice. If it is raining we will still meet. Weather isn’t an excuse not to train.
- There will be an attendance policy. All Athletes are expected to be at practice. If an athlete misses more than 3 unexcused absences; they will be dismissed from the team. Unexcused absences are case by case situation and up to the coaches rather it’s excused or not. Work, weather, no transportation is not an excuse to miss practice.
Athletes are responsible for their own competition shorts. They MUST BE SOLID BLACK with no other colors or designs on them. Runners can wear black running shorts or compression shorts. Throwers can wear black athletic shorts but they have to be solid black as well. The company’s logo for example; Nike check mark, has to be smaller than 3 inches. It can’t be a huge company logo. Track singlets will be handed out to the athletes before the first track and field meet.
There will be a $150 team fee for each athlete. This fee covers the $60 athlete insurance fee, electronic timing system for home meets, track and field equipment, track meet fees for athletes to compete, and other related essentials. If your child already played a Fall or Winter Sport, the previous season, they don’t owe the $60 insurance fee and just owe $90. Fees can be paid by cash or check. Please make check out to Central High School Track and Field.
Finally, we look forward to seeing you at practice and helping you achieve your goals. Go Bobcats!
CENTRAL TRACK AND FIELD
MARCH 16th UNION COUNTY (OPTIONAL MEET) @UNION CO
MARCH 23rd CENTRAL MEET @CENTRAL
MARCH 27th HARDIN VALLEY INVITE (TBD?) @HARDIN VALLEY
APRIL 6th ROAD RUNNER MEET @AUSTIN EAST
APRIL 10th DAVE EMORY RELAYS @CENTRAL
APRIL 20/22 (MAYBE @UNION CO.) TBA
APRIL 26/27 DECATHLON/PENTATHLON @MORRISTOWN WEST
MAY 3-4 K.I.L CHAMPIONSHIP @HARDIN VALLEY
MAY 15th SECTIONALS @SCIENCE HILL
MAY 27th TSSAA STATE @MURFREESBORO
Contact Information: 689-1400
Sprints, Hurdles, Relays