When enrolling a student, parents or guardians should present the following information or documentation to the enrolling school:

    1.  Proof of Birth – Proof of birth may take many forms. Example include but are not limited to the following:

    1. Birth Certificate – issued by any government
    2. Passport issued by any nation (translated)
    3. Immigration documentation
    4. Decree of adoption or other records issued by a court

    The form proof of birth takes is an area of parental discretion, and the school will accept appropriate documentation as offered.  No one form of documentation is required or preferred over another.

    2.  Immunization Records - these must be on a Tennessee Form (contact Knox County Health Department if records are from another state)

    If you need information from the Knox County Health Department, please visit their website by clicking here, as there have been changes in their operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

    3.  Recent Physical Examination

    4.  Proof of Residence - the Knox County Schools requires one of the following: a) Utility Bill, b) Lease agreement, c) in cases where the utilities and/or lease agreement is in the name of a person other than the parent/guardian, the person listed must provide the utility bill and/or lease agreement and also must provide a notarized letter stating that the parent/guardian and children are living at that address.  

    5. Proof of Custody/Parenting Plan (if applicable)

    6. Name and Address of the child's previous school

    If you have further questions please contact the KCS Enrollment Department by clicking here.