About A. L. Lotts PTA
What is PTA?
Our PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is a part of the National PTA. PTA is a non-profit organization which seeks to unite the forces of home, school and community on behalf of children and youth.
What does the PTA at A.L. Lotts do?
The PTA at A.L. Lotts was formed in 1993, the year our school opened. Our PTA has over two dozen committees that serve our students, families, and staff at the school. Our PTA helps to purchase needed supplies and technology, provides volunteers for classroom and school programs, keeps the school grounds clean, facilitates enrichment programs, and so much more.
Fundraising is a huge function of the PTA every year. In 2018-2019, we raised money to support over $32,000 in “Gift to School” requests from teachers and staff. Here are just a few of the items the PTA is providing for Lotts this school year:
- Scholastic Magazine subscriptions for Kindergarten students
- Supplies for teachers to use in their classrooms
- iXL and iReady Diagnostic Math subscriptions for 3rd, 4th and 5th grades
- MUSE science programs for 3rd, 4th and 5th grades
- Subscriptions to Generation Genius, Flocabulary, and Study Island for 5th grade
- Imagine Learning licenses for ELL
- Schoolwide subscriptions to Bookflix, Ticket to Read, Brain Pop
- Ceramic equipment for art classes
- New library books
- Updated PE equipment
This summer we installed the first of two brand new additions to our playground, used by students and community members year-round. The PTA provided almost $26,000 for this portion of the addition.
We will continue fundraising efforts this school year to complete the second addition to the playground next summer. Renderings can be found in the school lobby. These improvements are in addition to providing the “Gift to School” requests mentioned above.
Show your support by joining the PTA today!
Individual memberships start at only $10.
August 3, 2020
August 4, 2020
August 5, 2020
August 7, 2020
August 10, 2020
September 7, 2020
October 9, 2020
October 12, 2020