The counselors at Whittle Springs Middle School are so excited to share the middle school journey with you and your student! The goal of the WSMS Counseling Department is to assist your student with academic, personal/social, and college and career planning needs and to serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Some reasons your student may request to see a school counselor:
- Academic skills support
- College and career exploration
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, decision-making concerns
- Organizational, study and test-taking skills
- Peer relationships and conflict resolution problems
- Divorce, separation and family changes
- Experiencing loss, death and grief
- Crisis situations
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- School-based and community resources information or referrals
The mission of the Knox County School Counseling Program is to provide every student with a comprehensive school counseling program centered around an engaging curriculum that encourages growth in academic, career and personal/social domains.
Knox County students are high-achieving learners who are well prepared to meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century. All students have the opportunity to participate in rigorous curriculum and high-quality opportunities for self-directed personal growth supported by a comprehensive school counseling program that facilitates strategic partnerships between the school, family and community.
Knox County Counselors Believe:
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- Data must be analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development of the comprehensive counseling program promoting student achievement.
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and career success.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.