PCUB seeks to serve individuals who are either potential first-generation college students or who come from a financially disadvantaged background, or both. The goal is to assist the participants to successfully graduate from high school, enroll in college and earn a degree.
All services are provided at no cost to the participants and their families.
PCUB provides academic opportunities including:
- a professional staff that is energetic, caring, and committed to helping you be successful in your educational pursuits;
- an extraordinary atmosphere at a major college campus—the University of Tennessee, Knoxville—for all the program’s year-round activities;
- exceptional opportunities to explore other colleges and universities, careers, financial aid options, tutoring, academic subjects, and college simulation during the summer; and
- an exciting place to meet new friends, have fun, and take the next step in fulfilling and achieving your lifetime dreams and goals.
- Academic instruction
- Tutoring in core subjects
- College admissions information
- Financial literacy
- Career exploration
- Academic advising
- Needs assessments
- Preparation for the ACT
- College visits and community service
- Exposure to college life and experience
- Academic and summer components
See Mrs. Hogan in the Counseling Office to pick up an application!
Check out their recent feature on WBIR!
It's never too early for COLLEGE PLANNING!
(Click the photos to sign up!)
FIRE's Free Speech Essay Contest - Due December 31
2022 Underclassmen College Planning Night Coming
Event date is TBA, but in the meantime, check out last year's virtual even!
Grade-specific information, Financial Aid, and more!
College Admissions Reps Frequently Asked Questions!
The University of Tennessee Knoxville, Carson-Newman University, & Pellissippi State Community College
View the presentations below for information on "preparing for life after high school"!
How to sign up for ACT on a national testing day:
Ride and Decide Program